Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match by Match pricing next season

Where will the club pitch this?

I reckon they will stick with 3 price bands.

How will we play the £30 cap for away fans? Would the club argue we could charge more as it includes the travel?

Will we make our cheapest tickets mirror the away cheapest tickets?

South and north stand tickets could be priced at say £26 / £28 / £30 for A, B and C. The club in reality would not be sell any (or hardly any) at these low prices if they sell out the north to season ticket holders.

Any other ideas?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Not sure that would work? Southern staff just inspecting away fan tickets at the station? No away fans on the P + R or buses.....

There is that. Maybe they'll do it as two separate things. Match ticket for £30 and subsidy for £4 as a voucher and you can't buy one without the other.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not sure that would work? Southern staff just inspecting away fan tickets at the station? No away fans on the P + R or buses.....

most travelling fans using public transport will have purchased the full distance already. hardly likely to get a ticket from Victoria to Haywards Heath accounting for the travel covered from there on.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

How will we play the £30 cap for away fans? Would the club argue we could charge more as it includes the travel?

South and north stand tickets could be priced at say £26 / £28 / £30 for A, B and C. The club in reality would not be sell any (or hardly any) at these low prices if they sell out the north to season ticket holders.

Any other ideas?

Surely with us playing less home games a season ticket for an adult for the North will work out at just over £26 a game. So they would have to be higher then that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country

Any other ideas?

As those prices seem to roughly match the pro-rata price for current season ticket holders next year, and the fact that new holder season ticket prices for next year will be higher than that then I imagine the game by game ticket prices will be nearer £36 / £38 / £40 per game.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Surely with us playing less home games a season ticket for an adult for the North will work out at just over £26 a game. So they would have to be higher then that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

This. The starting point will always be the average match day price for season tickets for that area then add at least a fiver. I currently pay an average of £24 per game yet my seat would cost £34. Next season my seat is going to have an average price of £33 so assume match day tickets will be at least £40!

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
£100m per season, £25m of which stops the club making a loss of £25m per season. Leaving £75m for agents and transfer fees, with massively greater wages for existing and new players.

No, the revenue generated by the club being in the Prem should be more than enough to freeze prices - absolutely no way they can justify putting up prices with the huge TV money and sponsorship deals, merchanisedise etc etc

No, the revenue generated by the club being in the Prem should be more than enough to freeze prices - absolutely no way they can justify putting up prices with the huge TV money and sponsorship deals, merchanisedise etc etc

That argrument would be stronger if we were breaking even now. There is no guaratee that with the increased revenue we will make much, if any of a profit in the prem.

And if we don't make a profit, how are we ever going to repay our Tony that 9 figure sum?

I'm afaid there is justifcation for an increase but it would be good if the club make some of the £30 tickets available to home fans as it would be fantastic if the Amex experience in the top flight was as affordable for as many as possible

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
A B and C games grrrrrrrr games against any team can end in a drab 0 - 0 draw .

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

My Season Ticket has effectively increased by over 20% per game, as for a similar price, I now get 19 games instead of 23.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
My Season Ticket has effectively increased by over 20% per game, as for a similar price, I now get 19 games instead of 23.

If quantity is your only measurement, not quality - yeah, I guess you're right :yawn:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here