Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens & David Stockdale contracts...

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Let's get these 2 signed up on new and improved 2 year deals ASAP.

Both integral to our present and future success.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Seconded

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Dale Stephens & David Stockdale contracts...

Both have deals on the table but unfortunately I feel with at least Stephens it will drag on until July

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Both players have held out as they want Premier League football and have PL clubs interested. Now we're a PL club, can see them both being buttoned down fairly quickly. Honestly, team spirit like they have doesn't come round every day, they'd be mad, any of them, not to give it a go next year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Both have deals on the table but unfortunately I feel with at least Stephens it will drag on until July

If I were the club I wouldn't allow that to happen.

I'd give him a week or 2 of legal time to accept what's being offered then withdraw what's on the table.
He can always come back to the Albion, but who's to say by then the offer might be different or not even available.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This thread does show the huge advantage of securing promotion early. We can be doing a lot of ground work before the players jet off.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Sorry if it's been posted elsewhere on here, but does anyone have the list of players who are out of contract this summer?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is it time for TB & PB to play hard ball and insist on signing by 15th June, or no deal and they leave? I dont know if it still is so but it was that players could be approached and offered deals by other clubs from 1st June to 14th June a 2 week period and this was not classed as poaching. So 15th or 16th June seems a reasonable deadline. If they leave it will give us time to look about more deeply than at present for replacements. I hope that they will both sign a new contract.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Dale Stephens has been magnificent and has led by example giving 100% at all times (Thank you Dale).
However with three games still to play he has no contract for next season and therefore no future financial security until he signs a contract with a club.
Therefore if he got a nasty long term injury in the next three games he would possibly miss out on the biggest pay day of his career.
I wonder what difference this would make to a players mind-set?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Stephens wants more money. I think we know this now ....

It's hard not to if rival employers are prepared to offer you £X, you would expect your current employer to get close to that. Reckon now we're there a deal will be done.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
For Stephens and Stockdale this is the last big contract they will get i suspect, both will want 3 year deals also i would imagine.

I would be happy for us to give it too them also. Im sure Tony and Paul will sort :)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I have a feeling the length of time it drags on will be based on how much we think we need to keep them as opposed to the other way round and that's a good position to be in.

I also think they will both stay but if any of them were to go I think it would be Stockdale as opposed to Stephens.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Stockdale
Maenpaa
Ankers

Bong
Pocognoli (loan)

Forren
Tomori (loan)

Sidwell
Stephens

Akpom (loan)
COG

That's really not a very intimidating list of players we are in danger of losing is it? How nice to have done it without relying ona whole load of loanees who are about to vanish back to their parent clubs. Nor is it a massive list of expiring contracts we need to try and sort out.

For me:
Loans. Tomori and Akpom go back, no real interest in bringing either back unless the Development Squad fancy Tomori as a centre half in time, and Chelsea release him. Looks exposed at full back, I do think centre half is probably where he will carve out a career although I doubt it's in the Premier League to be honest. Pocognoli I do like, and would certainly be interested in knowing what West Brom would want for him.

Keepers. Stockdale is a MUST for me, we need to sit him down, and get that deal done NOW. Ankers is really just a coach who registers as a player for emergencies IMHO - I'm guessing that continues. Maenpaa probably gets released.

After that, it's simple, you try and do a deal to keep the 1st teamers (Bong, Stephens and Sidwell) but let Forren and COG walk.

In order of priority, Stephens, Stockdale, Sidwell, Bong are the players to try and retain. Maybe Bong misses out if we have done a deal to sign Pocognoli in the meantime, but would love to have both with us again next season.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
For Stephens and Stockdale this is the last big contract they will get i suspect, both will want 3 year deals also i would imagine.

I would be happy for us to give it too them also. Im sure Tony and Paul will sort :)

I suspect that signing Stephens will have to include a release clause this time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here