Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh what irony

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
What an irony it would be for Chris Hughton to secure the Championship on Friday, simultaneously disposing of the two teams who disposed of his own Premier managerial services after taking them up to the top division. But will this be his way of motivating the squad before the game, or is he just too much of a gentleman and a professional to make anything of it and will just do a standard pep-talk? Or will the squad even be simply motivated enough anyway that it does not require any galvanisation to go for that win?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I doubt the significance will be lost on them. I expect them to be well up for this one for all the obvious reasons

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Norwich will beat us imo, they'll be well up for it and with all the celebrations our players have been getting up to we might be a little worse for wear. I remember when we played Leicester the game after they sealed promotion a couple of years ago and we battered them. Bristol City game is the one I reckon.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
My guess is that they will be aware of all those permutations and will want to do it for the boss and of course go up as champions for themselves.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Doubt if Hughton will use it to motivate the players as he seems to classy for that but as others have said, the players will know. That said, does anyone really need being motivated when you have a chance of winning a championship medal?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I hope that one or two players will be able to relax more now that we're up and stop passing the ball repeatedly to the opposition. Draw here, I think.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We'll be in honeymoon mode as it always happens after promotion.....Easy money on a Norwich win :)

Champions at home to Bristol City....

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Win for another party.
Promotion party v Wigan
Championship party v Norwich
Last game at Amex and trophy parade party v Bristol City
Last game party v Villa
............this squad obviously like to party.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Seems the learned and sage bookie chaps feel the same....a home win.

norw.JPG

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I fully expect Norwich to do to us what we did to Leicester the game after they got promotion.
So do I.

I also expect Newcastle to drop points on either Monday against Preston, or on Friday next week v Cardiff.

So a draw at most will be required v Bristol City for the title.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Seems the learned and sage bookie chaps feel the same....a home win.

View attachment 84421
Those bookie chaps do tend to know what they are doing. Given the circumstances then shrewdies would be all over Norwich if offered a decent price.

I put the real chance of Norwich winning at about 45%. Hope our luck is in and we avoid losing.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I have faith not only in the sheer professionalism of Chris Hughton and the players, but also their ability. Yes, they let their hair down on Monday night, and enjoyed a few espressos under the arches yesterday, but do not doubt their determination to finish the job in hand on Friday night at Norwich.

There is every chance that, now that promotion is secured, the team will play with freedom and really impose their game on the opposition.

Norwich will want to beat us. But we want the title more.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hughton will certainly be determined and focused on beating Norwich. Anything could happen.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Hughton's reign at Norwich is a bizarre chapter in his managerial history. Reading all the bile-laden words written by Norwich fans about him and his brand of football is completely at odds with everywhere else he's been and I just can't equate their Hughton as the same person we've got. You go onto a Brum, Newcastle or Spurs forum and there's so much love for him and that's the man I recognise.

That's why I'm curious about next year and how Hughton will approach each game. What is telling is that video of him addressing the Brighton staff where he talks about getting players with skill but also the right type of player. Perhaps Norwich had too many egos in the dressing room and Hughton was unable to impose his way of playing and his ideals onto the team.

For many reasons but not least for CH's sake I hope we stay up next season and play some good football along the way so that all those Norwich fans who go on about his limitations can finally be put in their place. It genuinely upsets me when I see them slagging him off!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
It would be so sweet to win the title at Norwich. May the football Gods smile on our Chris & bring a double dose of Karma to the Geordies & those 6 fingered folk from Naaarwich!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Doubt if Hughton will use it to motivate the players as he seems to classy for that but as others have said, the players will know. That said, does anyone really need being motivated when you have a chance of winning a championship medal?

Not forgetting the chance of amassing 101 points this season :thumbsup:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
We'll be in honeymoon mode as it always happens after promotion.....Easy money on a Norwich win :)

Champions at home to Bristol City....

They can be as motivated as they like but their defence is just not good enough. I think he will play Skalak or Norwood because their central defence just can't defend corners or free kicks

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here