Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Japanese restaurant for lunch very close to Liverpool Street station.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As it says in the title. Can anyone recommend something? I appreciate "Japanese" is broad but all suggestions welcome.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Pompoko is by far best for Japanese food in Brighton , most of the others in Brighton are mostly a mix of Japanese and Chinese food with Chinese owners. Pompoko is all Japanese and in Church St so easy to get to.

Edit: Just realized your in London not Brighton, nevermind :facepalm:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Are you heading off to Norwich early ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
As it says in the title. Can anyone recommend something? I appreciate "Japanese" is broad but all suggestions welcome.

What was the sister restaurant of Moshimo in Brighton is literally attached to Liverpool St station. Same as old name Moshi Moshi

Or Shoryu on Broadgate Circle.

There may be better but I've always had good meals at these

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I'll be in the Wetherspoons at Liverpool Street Friday lunchtime, I doubt they do a bento box, but I will buy you a pint of Asahi if you like

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Are you heading off to Norwich early ?

Indeed. Me and the guy who sits next to me at the AMEX are catching the 2pm train. Thought we'd meet and grab a light lunch before hand.....can't be a champion on an empty stomach!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Indeed. Me and the guy who sits next to me at the AMEX are catching the 2pm train. Thought we'd meet and grab a light lunch before hand.....can't be a champion on an empty stomach!

Lucky you, on the 16:00 from Liverpool Street

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Jul 7, 2003
Surely you would be better off at the second Pitt Cue location for something filling before you head to Norfolk? Only a couple of minutes from the station.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Surely you would be better off at the second Pitt Cue location for something filling before you head to Norfolk? Only a couple of minutes from the station.

Ha. I did consider this but then decided I'd prefer something lighter.

Whilst you're here I tried yet again to visit Burger Bros....shut. Not complaining, just commenting. Ended up at sat outside Trolls Hash House for kedgeree hash and a wild garlic waffle. Very good and was nice sitting outside in the sun watching Albion supporters wandering up and down.

Jul 7, 2003
Ha. I did consider this but then decided I'd prefer something lighter.

Whilst you're here I tried yet again to visit Burger Bros....shut. Not complaining, just commenting. Ended up at sat outside Trolls Hash House for kedgeree hash and a wild garlic waffle. Very good and was nice sitting outside in the sun watching Albion supporters wandering up and down.

You were lucky. The Troll was also supposed to be shut but as they had some supplies left from the weekend they decided to open up both the burger shack and hash house for a few hours on Monday afternoon. Burger Brothers is always closed on a Monday to give the boys a well earned rest after a long week.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Looks amazing and I do owe you for the champagne! I hope those prices are in Yen.

It's pounds, it looks super cheap to me #Euros

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here