Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£250 per year, to drink in Dick's

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I was told by a couple of people at the game yesterday, that as from this summer, the club will be charging customers to drink at Dick's bar.

Effectively it will be a season ticket at a cost of £250 per year.

How true this is I don't know, but if so, it will mean there is nowhere to drink without an entry charge, before the concourses open an hour and a half before kick off, save the Swan I suppose, which is a good ten to fifteen minute walk away, and gets absolutely rammed anyway.

A great shame in my opinion.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I was told by a couple of people at the game yesterday, that as from this summer, the club will be charging customers to drink at Dick's bar.

How true this is I don't know, but if so, it will mean there is nowhere to drink without an entry charge, before the concourses open an hour and a half before kick off, save the Swan I suppose, which is a good ten to fifteen minute walk away, and gets absolutely rammed anyway.

It was an April fools, seems a few people were well and truly

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
224a4d363841c63bcdf11e275b8d0ea0.jpg

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Judging by the amount of alcohol sold yesterday I can't see a need for the club to do this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Attila would have Paul Barber's guts for garters, after the fight to get a bar for the fans when the stadium was built.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Judging by the amount of alcohol sold yesterday I can't see a need for the club to do this.

True, although yesterday was a very unusual day. I don't think anyone envisaged the Seven Stars becoming exclusive, (i.e. pay to enter), and Paul Barber is the consumate businessman as we all know . . .

maglers

Apr 26, 2011

5 minutes. And the beer is better. And cheaper. (I'm not the landlord.)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Still reckon there will be more outdoor options soon. Thought that's up to the council's licencing team really.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Dick's really isn't that great. It needs some softer lighting, better decorating and to feel different from other areas of the stadium, much more of a proper bar feel. Until then, it's not worth £2 admission let alone £250. If they were to invest in it and improve it, people might pay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here