Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We haven't made that much progress in 40 years

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
640px-Brighton_Hove_Albion_FC_League_Performance.svg.png

Progress over the past 20 years looks remarkable to me, hopefully it continues on a similar trajectory, I have a feeling it will...

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
View attachment 84390

Progress over the past 20 years looks remarkable to me, hopefully it continues on a similar trajectory, I have a feeling it will...

Thanks for posting that pb21. Every Albion fan should study this to understand where we've come from. The graph illustrates just how much time we've spent in the lower tiers, which makes our recent years' performances even more impressive in context. The rise (and occasional fall) since 1997 is mind boggling. It is very hard to convey the magnitude of the Albion's Withdean and Amex-era achievements to anyone unfamiliar with our history. I can recall most seasons since the late 60s and each step up and down on that graph invokes a lot of personal memories.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
View attachment 84390

As someone on the cusp of the dreaded 30's, that graph hammers home that I've been an Albion fan throughout one of the most 'interesting' periods in the club's history.

Bottom division to top, numerous stadiums and a plethora of decent (and bloody awful) managers/players.

Wouldn't change it for the world!

Edit; I'm not sure we can follow the trajectory, there are no more promotions for us to chase...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
As someone on the cusp of the dreaded 30's, that graph hammers home that I've been an Albion fan throughout one of the most 'interesting' periods in the club's history.

Bottom division to top, numerous stadiums and a plethora of decent (and bloody awful) managers/players.

Wouldn't change it for the world!

Edit; I'm not sure we can follow the trajectory, there are no more promotions for us to chase...

My first game was in November 1981, about a month before Albion reached their highest-ever league placing of sixth in Division One. It was pretty much downhill for the next 16 years! Culminating, of course, in two successive next-to-bottom finishes in the entire football league.

What a journey.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here