Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The first club to come in for Hughton....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
With his stock rising higher than ever before who will be the first club to try and poach our Chris?

I'll plump for West Ham and I expect Tony and him to tell them where to go.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Club or country?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon Chris Hughton will be absolutely relishing working for a hugely supportive chairman and board and will be here for many years to come.

As the man himself has said, in as near to a boast as he's ever likely to get, bless him, he's got nothing to prove at Premier League level.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
When speaking to his daughter yesterday, she used the word 'dynasty' to describe what she hopes her Dad will do with Albion. He 'aint going nowhere.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He will be here as long as TB wants to keep him here imo

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
When speaking to his daughter yesterday, she used the word 'dynasty' to describe what she hopes her Dad will do with Albion. He 'aint going nowhere.

Agreed but it won't stop some clubs trying.

That said on further reflection I think the only job that might tempt him would be the England job in 2-3 years time.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
In all honesty see him for a long time. Seemed to have a raw deal at Newcastle and may well of been harshly treated by Norwich as well. Has a supportive chairman and not one who is trigger happy. Even if we went down I would expect him still to be here.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Agreed but it won't stop some clubs trying.

That said on further reflection I think the only job that might tempt him would be the England job in 2-3 years time.

I did actually mention the possibility of him taking the Republic of Ireland job in a few years to her as well and she didn't think he'd be interested in it at all. His family were lovely and they were genuinely as thrilled as we all are at what's happened. I honestly think it would take something colossal for him to leave.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I heard a West Ham fan on Talksport saying they would love to have Hughton if Bilic left. Can't see the top brass there agreeing though.

batch_91

Jul 14, 2012
Sheffield/Portslade
The FA will come for him.

Two years of establishing us and after Southgate takes us out in the group stages in Russia.

A bloke like him would be perfect for the job, always speaks well and says the right thing, zero chance of any newspaper stings.

The new forward looking FA would jump at the chance to appoint a BAME manager.

Then England will win the World Cup and Hughtons statue will be transported to Wembley from outside the AMEX and replaced by the Guardiola statue who has just won us the league and cup double...I might have got carried away with the last bit.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
This is where the stupid obsession in football with "big name" and "proven track record" plays into our hands. As badly as he was treated, and as unfair the label is, the reality is that he's widely seen as a very good Championship manager who has never done anything in the Premier League. That will stop the vast majority of clubs coming in for him, certainly the bigger clubs that would be very hard to refuse. If that just leaves the teams that will be in and around us, then I don't see why he would even consider leaving.

I see him being here for a long time, and sincerely hope that if we are struggling next season, we follow the Burnley model rather than a knee-jerk sacking in the hope of a 2-3 game "bounce".

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
This is where the stupid obsession in football with "big name" and "proven track record" plays into our hands. As badly as he was treated, and as unfair the label is, the reality is that he's widely seen as a very good Championship manager who has never done anything in the Premier League. That will stop the vast majority of clubs coming in for him, certainly the bigger clubs that would be very hard to refuse. If that just leaves the teams that will be in and around us, then I don't see why he would even consider leaving.

I see him being here for a long time, and sincerely hope that if we are struggling next season, we follow the Burnley model rather than a knee-jerk sacking in the hope of a 2-3 game "bounce".

Might change if we have a good enough first season though.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

100% this.

If we do end up coming straight back down I would absolutely want him to be given the chance to take us back up again. Unless for some reason we've started playing worse than we did under Sami. Which is honestly impossible because he was so shit.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Might change if we have a good enough first season though.

Oh, what a lovely problem that will be.

Truth is, if we find ourselves somehow knocking around 10-12th, then it still wouldn't be the top 7 that are knocking, and why would he leave us in such a lofty position for someone in no better a position. I don't see his head being turned by a "big club", "big stadium" because he tried that at newcastle, delivered the job they asked of him, and was then shat upon.

The only club who will pull on his heart strings are Spurs, and they are looking far bigger than CH if a Spanish giant comes knocking for their current guy.

I honestly think he's here until TB tells him otherwise, and hopefully that is not any time soon.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here