Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Why do some people vote for our future with a view firmly rooted in the past. History certainly gives us lessons but there is some real rubbish amongst these options. As they are options that everyone has a right to I'm not condemning but FFS. Jeremy Corbyn isn't the answer to any question I can think of. A vote for the Conservatives isn't a nail in the coffin of the NHS. IF you think the green candidate is best vote for them but at least understand the big picture. There are some real creeps at Westminster but some are trying there best.
But what do I know...

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
So as it stands if NSC was representative of the population

Conservative 391 (+60)
Labour 152 (-80)
Liberal Democrats 27 (+19)
Green 2 (+1)
UKIP 0 (-1)

Others - SNP 56, PC, 4 , Northern Ireland 18

Conservative Majority of 132

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why do some people vote for our future with a view firmly rooted in the past. History certainly gives us lessons but there is some real rubbish amongst these options. As they are options that everyone has a right to I'm not condemning but FFS. Jeremy Corbyn isn't the answer to any question I can think of. A vote for the Conservatives isn't a nail in the coffin of the NHS. IF you think the green candidate is best vote for them but at least understand the big picture. There are some real creeps at Westminster but some are trying there best.
But what do I know...

Are you going to stand for election then? You've slagged off the two main parties but haven't nailed your colours to anyone else.

Voting isn't always about who you think is the best but sometimes who you think is the least worse! For what it's worth I'll be going Lib Dems in the forlorn hope they can unseat fatty Soames. Fat chance.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Go away, Theresa May
Kick her out now, Theresa May
How she got there I don't know
How she got there I don't care
All I say is Tories go away

Jeremy, Jeremy
We're the famous Brighton & Hove Albion and we're voting Jeremy*

*(some of us) :)

Apparently 25% will be voting Jeremy so those nasty Tories won't be going anywhere except back into power.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Are you going to stand for election then? You've slagged off the two main parties but haven't nailed your colours to anyone else.

Voting isn't always about who you think is the best but sometimes who you think is the least worse! For what it's worth I'll be going Lib Dems in the forlorn hope they can unseat fatty Soames. Fat chance.

Drew I don't know how I slagged off any party in my post.
Jeremy Corbyn YES but he isn't a party just a professional activist. How I yearn for a Her Majesty's opposition to be credible.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So as it stands if NSC was representative of the population

Conservative 391 (+60)
Labour 152 (-80)
Liberal Democrats 27 (+19)
Green 2 (+1)
UKIP 0 (-1)

Others - SNP 56, PC, 4 , Northern Ireland 18

Conservative Majority of 132

Which is quite astonishing really.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Which is quite astonishing really.

That Poll is utterly astonishing given that during my 10 years posting on here this has been an overwhelmingly left-wing messageboard (I have no problems with that by the way).

Corbyn has clearly damaged the Labour Party almost beyond repair.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Am now in a Lib Dem/Tory marginal so will be voting Lib Dem whilst holding my nose. For there to be any Lib Dem fight back, I'd imagine Lewes must be quite near the top of the list of target seats.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
That Poll is utterly astonishing given that during my 10 years posting on here this has been an overwhelmingly left-wing messageboard (I have no problems with that by the way).

Definitely agree, this board is left of centre and out of kilter with the consensus of the nation as a whole, shown by GE15 and Brexit. The Conservative vote is going to be around 46%

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Am now in a Lib Dem/Tory marginal so will be voting Lib Dem whilst holding my nose. For there to be any Lib Dem fight back, I'd imagine Lewes must be quite near the top of the list of target seats.

Which should ring alarm bells for anyone even thinking of voting Lib Dem - memories are very short if people don't remember what the Lewes Lib Dems did to us.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Which should ring alarm bells for anyone even thinking of voting Lib Dem - memories are very short if people don't remember what the Lewes Lib Dems did to us.
Which is why it'll be with heavy heart I'll vote for them, but my priorities are voting against May for going for a hard Brexit without a specific mandate for that type of Brexit, and against Corbyn who is just a joke with his nuclear subs with no missiles strategy.

Woeful choice, really.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

last night Newsnight was in Barrow. two women outright said they'd be looking at May, and another chap said he couldnt vote Corbyn (seemed uneasy at prospect he might concider conservative). all Labour voters. and apparently local Labour MP said he wouldnt endorse Corbyn as PM.

but its just the right wing media conspiracy that tells us he's unelectable.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If the Tories are not to win again with the vote of 24% of the eligible population - this is what we need to do #progressivealliance
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-dems-to-form-electoral-pact-to-defeat-tories

Nothing like cutting people's choices to one of two rather than a broad spread of parties with differing policies. It's almost a corruption of democracy. Can't stand this "Let's gang up because individually our parties arguments are too weak to win". Put forward policies that more people want than don't want and you'll win.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
#bonkers, take a zero off that

It could quite easily be more, it could quite easily be less. If Labour had ditched Corbyn when they had the chance, we might be talking about an election that they had a realistic chance of winning.

For what it's worth, I think it will be about 100.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Oh good. Another 2 months of electricians, Wolfie Smiths and other assorted no marks telling me how the world actually works.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
The problem is that there is one party of the Right (forget about UKIP, they're done) and a variety from the centre Left in a first past the post electoral system. We're the only country in Europe where a governing party can get a majority with less than 40% of the popular vote, and it's very silly, which is why tactics are necessary. I am hard Left but have happily voted Lib Dem tactically in the past and would actually vote for a turd in a Crystal Palace shirt if it would get the Tories out :) EDIT: forget the Palace shirt, I couldn't go that far
#progressive alliance
(just broken my self imposed rule and started arguing about politics on NSC....oh dear....)

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Nothing like cutting people's choices to one of two rather than a broad spread of parties with differing policies. It's almost a corruption of democracy. Can't stand this "Let's gang up because individually our parties arguments are too weak to win". Put forward policies that more people want than don't want and you'll win.

That's our political system though.

The majority of the voting population of this country didn't vote Tory in 2015 and therefore do not support Tory austerity or May's strategy on leaving the EU.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here