Page 4 of 1110 FirstFirst 123456714541045041004 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The reason that I see a Green vote as a wasted vote is that I believe that Caroline Lucas is an idealist with no idea of life in general and no hope of ever having any say in government, orin opposition ,thank goodness, so to all intents and purposes is a waste of time.being an MP.
    Fair enough. Totally disagree, of course, but I appreciate the justification.
    The voice of hindsight.
    Bring back Chris Hughton.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members
      Trapped inside the Project for the New American Century

0 Not allowed!
      Corbyn is that only alternative to the hard Brexit madness. Any other vote helps make this country a smaller, more insular place
      "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Farehamseagull View Post
      A question for those with more knowledge than I, if a party who want to remain win this election, can they reverse Article 50? If so I will vote for that party.

Yep. They can about-turn any time. Or rejoin once we're out. But won't do, for now, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by London Irish View Post
      Corbyn is that only alternative to the hard Brexit madness. Any other vote helps make this country a smaller, more insular place
      Rubbish. He doesn't even oppose leaving the EU. And he's completely ineluctable.
      The voice of hindsight.
      Bring back Chris Hughton.
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Notters View Post
      What makes you think that?
      Because a large chunk of the cabinet wanted to remain in the EU. A GE that returns a large increase in the Lib Dem vote will give them the excuse to go for a softer option. Maybe I'm being overly cynical ?
      BAN Village Idiots
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."
      Staring at the rude boys happypig's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by nickbrighton View Post
      frightening that people still think Brexit can be reversed, it cant, we are stuck with it. The electorate voted for it.
      Utter nonsense. The Brexit vote was "the will of the people" (tm) at the time. If a party such as the Lib Dems stands for election by the same electorate on the basis that the electorate was mislead and gets elected, then that becomes the will of the people. If it were any other way the General Election result of 1708 would still stand and the Whigs would still be in power.
      "Nibbled to death by an okapi..."

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Goldstone1976 View Post
      Can't vote Tory. Can't vote Labour with Corbyn as leader, probably would with Miliband (D). Would never vote UKIP or BNP. Little point voting Green or Lib Dem. Can't not vote.

I'm buggered basically.
      I concur with your political analysis (whilst being amused that you felt obliged to add a whimsical footnote concerning an aspect of your sexual predilection).
      We've come a long long way together, through the hard times and the good
      I have to celebrate you Brighton, I have to praise you like I should

1 Not allowed!
      Look at those results. If only there was some unity in the centre-left the Tories would be destroyed.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."
      Two Mad Professors Two Professors's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Definitely about time somebody started the 'None of the above' Party.All the existing parties are crap-it's time for something new.
      If you have mental problems,it might be good manners to tell me before you start the abuse.Thank you.
      "I can only beat what's in front of me" he says.Maybe too much has caused your problem.Are you myopic as well?
      Members
      Trapped inside the Project for the New American Century

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TSB View Post
      Rubbish. He doesn't even oppose leaving the EU. And he's completely ineluctable.
      Of course he doesn't - he's a democrat and respects the will of the people unlike most machine politicians. But we can withdraw from the EU's political bodies without damaging the economy, which is what hard Brexit will do.

The Lib Dems are not even saying they won't go back into coalition with the hard Brexit Tories, utterly untrustworthy double dealers
      "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006

0 Not allowed!
      No idea. I need to see if there are any policies that properly resonate so will probably decide nearer the time.
      Eternally hopeful...