Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
No point voting Lib Dem in Hove, so...err. I quite like Peter Kyle but I can't vote to help Corbyn.
Independent, perhaps.

If the GE is ratified of course.

I'm Lib Dem at heart but am in the same district as you so essentially it's a choice between Labour and Conservatives. I don't like Corbyn, but I really like Peter Kyle and I dislike the Tories a lot more than I dislike Corbyn, so it will be labour for me. Grudgingly.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I definitely don't want the Tories again so will put a big cross next to them, I don't care about the others.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Does it matter as surely it will be a landslide Tory victory and to vote Green anywhere even in Brighton is a complete waste of a vote.

Err. Why?

I'm Lib Dem at heart but am in the same district as you so essentially it's a choice between Labour and Conservatives. I don't like Corbyn, but I really like Peter Kyle and I dislike the Tories a lot more than I dislike Corbyn, so it will be labour for me. Grudgingly.

Sad state of affairs, isn't it? Politicans talk about obtaining a 'mandate' to govern. But, in reality, at least 1/3 of people vote tactically as their views have no chance of being represented in their constituency.

Say what you want about the 2016 referendum: at least everyone's decision represented their views. Perhaps popular vote would be a better way of choosing a government. Then let them allocate MP's accordingly.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Can't bring myself to vote for a Corbyn lead Labour.
Would NEVER EVER vote Lib Dem after what they did in Lewes, because of Baker and because of Bellotti - NEVER forgive.
Green ? - ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Tory - I'm concerned they will use the result to water down Bexit
UKIP - I'm tempted just to prevent the Tories watering down Brexit
BNP never

I voted UKIP on this poll but it might move to Tory depending what they say during the campaign.
What makes you think that?

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
frightening that people still think Brexit can be reversed, it cant, we are stuck with it. The electorate voted for it. Now its time to decide who will make the best job of it, look what "protest" votes did for Brexit, "oh i didnt think they would win so I voted for it ", look at that mess. Dont vote negativley people, doesnt matter who u vote for, but vote for the party u want to win, also I wouldnt vote for him/her/them because I never would because of something my grandfather said 50 years ago is counter productive, thats the kind of thinking that resulyts in Corbyn leading a party. Look at the issues (sadly missing in the Brexit vote, do some research(also missing in Brfexit vote), dont rely on the Dail Fail, Mirror, Sun, Star or Beano to tell you what to do, use your heads

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
I will vote Labour. It matters not who is the leader we are not living in a dictatorship. Policy is not one person. So not wanting to vote for Corbyn is ridiculous . Brighton are not a one player team, are they? By all means vote Conservative if you want to kiss goodbye to the NHS , if you want a divided country/team. The Union should dissolve finally, farewell Scotland therefore like getting rid of your best striker (Scotland privides a large chunk of our military as well as intellectual property). Your children will suffer the lottery of an even greater divide in the Education system ( Grammers, Public schools, Free schools , Academys et al) bit like signing too many midfielders. As for work, well no security there, no rights and should you fall through the system, no welfare state. Finally if you have survived, no pension. The state one is moved to 70+? Most will never see it so in effect abolished. So many more negatives , just think about it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
This is a complete reverse to the Albion player of the season.

Albion, far too many deserving players to choose from makes it difficult to decide
General Election, so many negatives against either the parties or leaders, I'm only really left with a spoilt ballot paper as an option

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Err. Why?

Sad state of affairs, isn't it? Politicans talk about obtaining a 'mandate' to govern. But, in reality, at least 1/3 of people vote tactically as their views have no chance of being represented in their constituency.

Say what you want about the 2016 referendum: at least everyone's decision represented their views. Perhaps popular vote would be a better way of choosing a government. Then let them allocate MP's accordingly.

The reason that I see a Green vote as a wasted vote is that I believe that Caroline Lucas is an idealist with no idea of life in general and no hope of ever having any say in government, orin opposition ,thank goodness, so to all intents and purposes is a waste of time.being an MP.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove

Word for word this is what I was going to say!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Lib Dem or Green. And I've previously voted Tory in every election since 2001.

Still can't quite believe she's done this but seeing as I can't stand what May and her party are doing to this country then it does give a protest opportunity.

A question for those with more knowledge than I, if a party who want to remain win this election, can they reverse Article 50? If so I will vote for that party.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The reason that I see a Green vote as a wasted vote is that I believe that Caroline Lucas is an idealist with no idea of life in general and no hope of ever having any say in government, orin opposition ,thank goodness, so to all intents and purposes is a waste of time.being an MP.

Fair enough. Totally disagree, of course, but I appreciate the justification.

Corbyn is that only alternative to the hard Brexit madness. Any other vote helps make this country a smaller, more insular place

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
A question for those with more knowledge than I, if a party who want to remain win this election, can they reverse Article 50? If so I will vote for that party.

Yep. They can about-turn any time. Or rejoin once we're out. But won't do, for now, obviously.

Corbyn is that only alternative to the hard Brexit madness. Any other vote helps make this country a smaller, more insular place

Rubbish. He doesn't even oppose leaving the EU. And he's completely ineluctable.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What makes you think that?

Because a large chunk of the cabinet wanted to remain in the EU. A GE that returns a large increase in the Lib Dem vote will give them the excuse to go for a softer option. Maybe I'm being overly cynical ?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
frightening that people still think Brexit can be reversed, it cant, we are stuck with it. The electorate voted for it.

Utter nonsense. The Brexit vote was "the will of the people" (tm) at the time. If a party such as the Lib Dems stands for election by the same electorate on the basis that the electorate was mislead and gets elected, then that becomes the will of the people. If it were any other way the General Election result of 1708 would still stand and the Whigs would still be in power.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Can't vote Tory. Can't vote Labour with Corbyn as leader, probably would with Miliband (D). Would never vote UKIP or BNP. Little point voting Green or Lib Dem. Can't not vote.

I'm buggered basically.

I concur with your political analysis (whilst being amused that you felt obliged to add a whimsical footnote concerning an aspect of your sexual predilection).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Look at those results. If only there was some unity in the centre-left the Tories would be destroyed.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Definitely about time somebody started the 'None of the above' Party.All the existing parties are crap-it's time for something new.

Rubbish. He doesn't even oppose leaving the EU. And he's completely ineluctable.

Of course he doesn't - he's a democrat and respects the will of the people unlike most machine politicians. But we can withdraw from the EU's political bodies without damaging the economy, which is what hard Brexit will do.

The Lib Dems are not even saying they won't go back into coalition with the hard Brexit Tories, utterly untrustworthy double dealers

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
No idea. I need to see if there are any policies that properly resonate so will probably decide nearer the time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here