Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Art College Basement

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It was in Grand Parade. Like the name suggests it was a basement room, long and low with a bar at one end and the stage at the other. Used to go there all the time. On a busy night you could barely see the stage unless you were right up front. One gig that stands out was when New Order played something like their fourth ever gig there. Can't remember a lot about it tho, I'm ashamed to say, other than the place was rammed, same as I can't remember much about many of the gigs there. Seem to vaguely recall Mansun being particularly crap tho for some reason! It's an eternal regret that it rarely crossed anybody's mind to take a camera along to gigs in those days. Gah!

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I used to go there most Fridays and was rarely, if ever sober. I remember drinking pils larger there and having dreadful stomach cramps the following day. It took me months to link the two! Eventually I stopped drinking that revolting stuff and never suffered those pains again.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
It was in Grand Parade. Like the name suggests it was a basement room, long and low with a bar at one end and the stage at the other. Used to go there all the time. On a busy night you could barely see the stage unless you were right up front. One gig that stands out was when New Order played something like their fourth ever gig there. Can't remember a lot about it tho, I'm ashamed to say, other than the place was rammed, same as I can't remember much about many of the gigs there. Seem to vaguely recall Mansun being particularly crap tho for some reason! It's an eternal regret that it rarely crossed anybody's mind to take a camera along to gigs in those days. Gah!

yeah I went there a lot too and remember very little now .... apart from the floor was always sticky. So many venues have disappeared punk:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here