Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players for next season already identified?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Probably fixtures but I can't be bothered to check every thread.

An interesting paragraph from the Guardian:

"Lists have already been drawn up for potential new recruits at Brighton, players who will fit in with the style and swagger established by Hughton over the last few years. Theirs will be the Bournemouth and Burnley approach, but it has not done either of those clubs any harm. Brighton, a club who have faced up to liquidation and prevailed, can relish a very different kind of challenge ahead."

I'm not surprised the club has been doing their homework - or do they mean the lists we've drawn up on the club's behalf? :drool:

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Without a doubt the proper planning for next season will start right now or perhaps tomorrow morning!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I would think the scouts have been out watching numerous potential targets. Now its time to whittle them down to prospective new players

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Fora while now I have been thinking Defoe might be a possibility, Sunderland are doomed for deffo and I would have thought he would have a relegation clause in his contract, he is 34 but loads of experience, could be good for us apart from what he may command as wages as he is now back in the England side........

Dec 29, 2011
Fora while now I have been thinking Defoe might be a possibility, Sunderland are doomed for deffo and I would have thought he would have a relegation clause in his contract, he is 34 but loads of experience, could be good for us apart from what he may command as wages as he is now back in the England side........

I highly doubt he, he'd probably want at least 100k - how would that make the rest of the players at the club feel? I think we'll buy a young player who is highly rated, can play in the Prem but will also be willing to hone his skills in the Championship should the worst happen.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I thought that all season, but everyone else on NSC assumes he's off to either WHU/CP/Bournemouth.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
On BBC Radio Sussex, someone said (cannot remember who now) that Winstanley, the recruitment guy, has been away the last four weekends, scouting abroad!

All sounds good to me...a Leonardo gem, not a Callieri flop though!

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I wouldn't be shocked if we pulled off a signing like Jack Wilshere or Januzaj.

If we managed to sign Vicente in our first season in the championship, then there's no saying we won't bring in another superstar come the summer.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Barber stated a while back we were working on two budgets dependant on which division, better hurry up and recruit before Brexit kicks in !

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Barber stated a while back we were working on two budgets dependant on which division, better hurry up and recruit before Brexit kicks in !
What's the rush? All the PL clubs EU players will go back home, along with all the other EU nationals currently living here who will have to leave. You know that's going to happen, don't you..........

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Yep, Defoe has been on my mind too. Would be perfect.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I highly doubt he, he'd probably want at least 100k - how would that make the rest of the players at the club feel? I think we'll buy a young player who is highly rated, can play in the Prem but will also be willing to hone his skills in the Championship should the worst happen.
Not necessarily. He'll want to start games as that will keep him in contention for Russia 2018. He doesn't need the money. He'd be closer to home and family. There's definitely potential in the deal.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here