Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Absent Friends

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I've no idea why the second image appeared here and I am too much of a luddite to work out how to get rid of it, sorry.

Shameless plug....

Only joking. What a beautiful thread this is. I welled up a little bit and it's 10:20am! I think my immense pride is really kicking in today.

It would be an appropriate honor to go on and claim the championship title now but even if we weren't to, what a great reaction to last season this is, and to a further extent the last couple of decades.

Testament to the resolve of the club, players, fanbase from top to bottom.

BHAFC forever.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
c4a7da006b753acf51636c025cf3d575.jpg

Strangely the first thing that came into my mind was Effrem Brynin's son
I suppose me being ex military and my lads still serving etc was in the back of my mind

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
A very moving thread.

To everyone who fought, marched and did their bit to save us, and then to get us to Falmer.

And to those who never got to see us play there.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
[tweet]845372563824037889[/tweet]

I'm sure the big man was looking down yesterday and raising a glass.

That is great. What pub was that in?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
For my Grandad Jack Pollard who followed the Albion for 50 years from 1955 onwards. He introduced me to the club as my Dad wasn't really a football fan and I have fond memories of sitting in the South Stand at the Goldstone watching games with him.

He would have loved the scenes yesterday. RIP Grandad. X

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
My Grandfather Martin Leaney who was membership secretary of the Supporters Club back in the 70's, he took me to many a game at the Goldstone Ground and he'd always talk about Brighton with me whenever I visited him once he became too old to attend games. We've got a stone in his memory at the Amex. The fact I got to share the promotion with my Dad made that link to him even stronger yesterday and I am sure he was looking down with a smile on his face.

My brother in-law Shane Langridge. I was in his seat today alongside his brother and 2 of his brothers kids. Quite emotional on reflection of the events today, boy would he have enjoyed the party. Cheers Shane, we done it.

I saw Clint yesterday morning before the game and we bumped into Calde, I thought of Shane then and when the full time whistle went. He'd have loved it all.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
My Grandfather Martin Leaney who was membership secretary of the Supporters Club back in the 70's, he took me to many a game at the Goldstone Ground and he'd always talk about Brighton with me whenever I visited him once he became too old to attend games. We've got a stone in his memory at the Amex. The fact I got to share the promotion with my Dad made that link to him even stronger yesterday and I am sure he was looking down with a smile on his face.

I saw Clint yesterday morning before the game and we bumped into Calde, I thought of Shane then and when the full time whistle went. He'd have loved it all.

Found a photo online with Shane and his nephew (Terry), possibly the opening game Vs Doncaster.
13177202_1543008332672004_2424970143912214924_n.jpg

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Remembering Will Sargent - who continually talked about the Albion and persuaded me to get a season ticket at the Withdean. My 'Car share' buddy from Bognor would have loved to see us in the Prem. RIP Will 4/1/2015 (aged 52).

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
Me and my stepdad, he took great pleasure in regaling EVERYONE he met about his time at the albion in the 50's. He would start every encounter with the words " I used to be the fastest winger in Sussex" He passed away last year, at the ripe old age of 84.
10312439_10152785521463272_4398496414422797312_n.jpg

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
What a lovely idea.

It was hard to get through yesterday without thinking of my brother, Eddie the Seagull. When he died, we had just managed to stay up in League One. The only thing he saw of the AMEX was when they had just started building the site as he drove past it on the way to moving to Bournemouth.

I can just imagine him sitting in his front room, Sky Sports News on & Queen blaring out with the patio doors open, smoking a cigarette with that cheeky grin on his face.

I took his scarf yesterday, that he took to Hereford away.

As he used to say: 'MEGA'.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
View attachment 84345

We got him on the pitch

JS11

I thought of Matt and Jacob on the Tollbridge this morning at the end of a run. I'd come through the airport and was looking at – and thinking about the training ground – realising how far the club had come. By the time I got to the middle of the bridge – right in front of the memorial stone – I had to stop and have a moment. My mind wandered to other people who have been honoured with minutes of silence or applause at games, not to mention the countless supporters that gave so much when the chips were down and the club really needed them.

A lovely, moving thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here