Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Absent Friends

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
To three people, two of whom actually never watched The Albion:

1: My late Mother - She was a Midlander, an NHS nurse who worked here as a midwife, served this blessed plot and loved Sussex as much as I do. She would have been proud as punch today and genuinely thrilled.
2.: My son who died before his first birthday. If he'd hated football he wouldn't have had a choice.
3. A guy up the road when I was a kid who went to The Goldstone every week - He died in 1988. He'd be happy now. He must have been born in the 1890's.

Stand or fall.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
To my dad James a proud cockney eastender who relocated to Brighton after the war - his parents house was flattened by a German rocket whilst he was fighting them in Europe.

He didn't really have a good word for football when I used to go as a kid - he only took me once along with one of my sisters on Boxing Day 68 when we played QPR.

However we had a renaissance after both of our divorces in the 80s and reconnected over a few beers and a visit to the Goldstone. His favourite player was Sergei Gotsmanov and he went to his last match 2nd January 1993 at the Goldstone and saw us win against Pompey. I didn't go as I was preparing a meal at my partners for him as a Christmas/New Year celebration. Last time I saw him alive as I waved him goodnight full of his favourite food. Found him dead the next day (it wasn't the food ).

He would be proud to see us at the Amex in the Premier League. We went to Bournemouth Palace Liverpool Wembley Pompey for games and he absolutely loved the Albion - what a change from the dad I knew as a child - they do grow on you.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
My uncle Dave.

The greatest man who ever lived

Didn't make it to Falmer.
I raise a glass to him at every game.

Dave White. RIP
Xx

Yoda

English & European
484528_10151071348187418_511800113_n.jpg
My Dad, who also never made it to the Amex to watch us rise from the flames either. :(
Know he'd be so proud now though.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
RIP Paul Whelch. Lovely tributes in the programme and during the match. He should have seen this day, but fitting that his life was celebrated on such a momentus occasion for the club.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Grant Pollard, my first mate I went to football with (I forgive him for being 55% yid fan)
My old man, North East Stand regular at the Goldstone, was completely against sitting down at the football so rarely went to Withdean and doubt would have gone to the Amex much
But he passed on his love of football to me, he was amazed at our football progress in the year before the Amex was completed but passed away in Feb before our first season there

Aug 16, 2013
All the Chuter family who loved the Albion and didn't get to see this day:

Roy
Karen
and our Mum and Dad (Joy and Ken) who got us all into the Albion in the seventies...

they - and all the others who went too soon - would have absolutely loved this fantastic weekend!

xxx

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Colin Pryer - watched the swindon playoff second leg in a pub in Newcastle. Died caving in 2005.. Thinking of you today Col.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here