Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Absent Friends

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
There is an old dear,must have been about 80 at the time circa 1997,she sat in the front of the south stand and was there most games,i was in the south west at that period,anyway that last game (Doncaster) she at the final whistle,whilst others around her invaded the pitch,just quietly got her possessions,up out of her seat and headed for the exit gates-

She can be seen on any video of that day-i often think about her and well threads like this always make me think of her.

God bless you lady and fellow Albion fan.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Robert Eaton whose death brought supporters, Albion and Palace, closer together through REMF. So many lives have been helped by this fund.

Matt and Jacob (NSC's Snoobs) who were lost in the Shoreham Airshow disaster. I hope today's success can help the families rebuild their lives.

Ian, my brother, who passed a few years ago. I know he'd have loved the day.

And for all others who are gone, but not forgotten and still loved.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
To my brother Jez, there at gillingham, there at Withdean, lost to us at 39yrs old.

Brighton to the core and I know you were watching today

a850413135d66c3f991da3ec2f987539.jpg

3e74ccdcda6af1e6377883be2966f392.jpg

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
My brother in-law Shane Langridge. I was in his seat today alongside his brother and 2 of his brothers kids. Quite emotional on reflection of the events today, boy would he have enjoyed the party. Cheers Shane, we done it.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
My wonderful Mother. Taken from me while this season's home game against Rotherham was in progress. She loved her times at Withdean, but unfortunately never made it to the Amex.

Match of the Day just isn't the same without hearing her chunter "F**k off!" to herself every time Scott Dann's face appears on the screen.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
RIP Jason passed away today. People from the Bell will know who i'm talking about. Great lad

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
RIP Chris Evans, would have enjoyed today no end. The Godfather (to Kira)

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Love and respect to all those remembering loved ones on this thread.

For me it's Roy Chuter. I first started going to football, home and away, with Roy in about 1978 and I still really miss the fat lump. We were there together in 1983 when our relegation from Div 1 was finally confirmed and of course his role in the War Years is well known.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
To my dear dad. Passed in September 2011 but not before we had a chance to take him on a little tour of the Amex and show him to our new plastic covered seats and let him breathe in what it would be like on a match day. Saw his first match at the Goldstone in 1926. Left us only 5 weeks after visiting the Amex with the Albion top of the Championship and he wouldn't have had it any other way. I hope he was watching from on high today. RIP dad, what a season and what a day. We all love you.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sarah Watts, a friend, my daughter's godmother, we will remember. My tears of joy are mixed with a sense of sadness.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
My mate Pete, who drive me to Cardiff for the playoffs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here