Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
According to the BBC

Egg on face for the club.

Just seen other thread, please ignore

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
It was always going to end in disaster. Hopefully Rowett shows his salt at half time and Derby come back to at least draw today!!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Owners still too thick/stubborn to sack him - he had to do it for them! Pathetic (Birmingham's owners, not Zola; he may not be much cop as a manager, but I wish him well).

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
This news will take the heat off us and allow us to keep flying under the radar.

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Owners still too thick/stubborn to sack him - he had to do it for them! Pathetic (Birmingham's owners, not Zola; he may not be much cop as a manager, but I wish him well).

Retained a little bit of dignity by doing it himself I suppose. I feel for him almost as much as the fans & players - he looks like he's aged 10 years in the last few months

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I look on it a different way.

I think Zola is a coward for resigning. He should have seen it through to the end of the season and tried to keep them up. After all, he was the one who has put Birmingham in this situation

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

I think Zola is a coward for resigning. He should have seen it through to the end of the season and tried to keep them up. After all, he was the one who has put Birmingham in this situation
I'm not so sure that he can be blamed entirely for their downturn, some of the blame (at least) has to sit with the owners and the players.

The destabilising effect of removing Rowett when he'd got the club playing well and an apparent (cliche coming) togetherness has to have had something to do with it, and I don't think it's stretch to imagine that the players are taking it easy to make a point (like Leicester).

If that was the case (and I admit there's a fair bit of guesswork) then he was always facing an uphill battle.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I don't think so. Rowett had them punching well above their weight. Whoever takes charge needs to completely rebuild that squad.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Agreed.
Like a rat deserting a sinking ship having steered them onto a shipwreck.
I feel for their fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here