Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations from Texas

TexasGull

Aug 13, 2011
Houston
As a Texan who adopted BHA in 2000 after a jeweler in Houston, while showing me engagement rings, told me tales of His Club -- a proud but mismanaged bunch, playing in a lowly track stadium, barely survivng in the League..."but we just signed a boy from Bristol Rovers who can't stop scoring!" -- I can only imagine how thrilled and proud you longtimers must be. You. Are. UP!

So this warm afternoon 5000 miles away , I'll be reading all these posts and smiling broadly in my office, laughing and maybe misting up -- my coworkers will think I'm cracking up -- but these smiles aren't for me. They are for you longtimers, the diehards who were in that crap track stadium and who were on this board when things were bleak.

And tonight, I'm bringing my jeweler a bottle of champagne.

CONGRATULATIONS, Seagulls.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
If you adopted the club in 2000 I think you can probably count yourself as a longtimer as well.

Make sure to tell your coworkers what's going on, get some more in the fold!

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Congrats from Canada

As a bandwagon fan from 1983, congratulations to you all from Canada!!! I'm thrilled for you. I've got a few beers chilling in the fridge so I can toast you all tonight.

For me it's been a long way since I really started following this board, back when it was time to send flowers to Prescott from Canada. I can't imagine how long this has felt like for all of you. Completely thrilled that I will actually be able to watch this team some weeks next season on my regular tv coverage. Congrats! You all earned it!!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
As a Texan who adopted BHA in 2000 after a jeweler in Houston, while showing me engagement rings, told me tales of His Club -- a proud but mismanaged bunch, playing in a lowly track stadium, barely survivng in the League..."but we just signed a boy from Bristol Rovers who can't stop scoring!" -- I can only imagine how thrilled and proud you longtimers must be. You. Are. UP!

So this warm afternoon 5000 miles away , I'll be reading all these posts and smiling broadly in my office, laughing and maybe misting up -- my coworkers will think I'm cracking up -- but these smiles aren't for me. They are for you longtimers, the diehards who were in that crap track stadium and who were on this board when things were bleak.

Glad you're supporting a decent club - it's been a long hard journey. Been to Houston many times - saw the Oilers in 87 at the Astrodome - Warren Moon was a hero of mine. Used to drink in Codys downtown, Remingtons and remember seeing Cheap Trick at the Summit.

Happy days - Glenda Lee out in West Houston sadly is no more.

TexasGull

Aug 13, 2011
Houston
Glad you're supporting a decent club - it's been a long hard journey. Been to Houston many times - saw the Oilers in 87 at the Astrodome - Warren Moon was a hero of mine. Used to drink in Codys downtown, Remingtons and remember seeing Cheap Trick at the Summit.

Happy days - Glenda Lee out in West Houston sadly is no more.

Cheers -- have a drink for me. Tonight, I'll be hitting a couple of "soccer bars," of which there are 5 or 6 in the city now -- there were 2 ten years ago, so... progress? -- wearing the blue and white stripes, spreading the BHA love.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Cheers -- have a drink for me. Tonight, I'll be hitting a couple of "soccer bars," of which there are 5 or 6 in the city now -- there were 2 ten years ago, so... progress? -- wearing the blue and white stripes, spreading the BHA love.

Good man.

Sadly I've had my "allocation" for the weekend so I'll just have a cup of tea in that quintessentially English way.

I'll make up for it Friday mind, when we clinch the title on Friday.

Enjoy your beer in Houston - would love to be there.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Hey Texas guys. I work for Sungard just off Katy freeway. Was in Houston three weeks ago. Enjoy the ride mate

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Love Houston and Texas (been there 5 times) and have been to see the Texans, Astros and Dynamos.

Have a drink at Pappasito's and toast the Albion's success!

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Yep, congrats from a runway in North Texas.

Dallas bloody shut down cos of weather.

Can someone ask radio Sussex to keep blathering for another hour or two?

dirtynine

May 1, 2009
I'm a lot like TexasGull - an American who got hooked in '99 while studying at Sussex U. (Ironically the club wasn't there then, and now they're next door, but I digress...) I've followed from afar (Boston and now Philly) ever since, sweating out League 1 final weekends and Championship playoff heartbreak alike. Every few years there'd be a Cup run which meant I could wear my Skint shirt down to the soccer pub and confuse a bunch of Liverpool or Newcastle fans. So happy for everyone here today. Raise hell on the beach tonight!

TexasGull

Aug 13, 2011
Houston
Love Houston and Texas (been there 5 times) and have been to see the Texans, Astros and Dynamos.

The Astros have never won a World Series title, but we look very good this season in the early going. This seems to be the year for teams to do things that haven't been done in awhile...so you never know.

And we will toast the Albion and its supporters many times tonight.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The Astros have never won a World Series title, but we look very good this season in the early going. This seems to be the year for teams to do things that haven't been done in awhile...so you never know.

And we will toast the Albion and its supporters many times tonight.

That's great to hear - they were so close a couple of seasons back. And if the Texans can sign a decent QB and JJ Watt is fully fit, it might just be their turn too.

I have a couple of tickets for U2 at NRG in May, so looking forward to returning there soon!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Thank you.

Damn that's posh.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here