Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On a day like today, I was remembering.....

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
On a day like today, I've been remembering my first game at the Goldstone, (Bradford City 1970) my last game at the Goldstone,(Steve Gritt's 1st game before I had to go back to sea) travelling to Gillingham, seeing all the loyal regulars at Clackett Lane Services on the way home. We wondered why we did it, and now we know. We never lost hope, and thankfully, neither did that man Tony Bloom.
We owe a debt of gratitude to many people, of course Dick Knight, plus all those fans that put to good use their professional backgrounds to dig & expose what those charlatans did with our old home. Some of them sadly no longer here to witness the final step up the ladder.
Most of all, Tony Bloom. What you have done for our club, for our City, is just fantastic. When I trudged along Preston Rd to sit with 5 - 6,000 to watch us scrap it out against the likes of Rushden & Diamonds, I knew that it would take a fan of the club to drag us up, not some faceless businessman in it for the money.
I've always been proud to be Brighton; over the years I have taken a hell of a lot of stick from friends who support other clubs, but the messages of congratulations I've been getting over the weekend shows that even other teams fans are genuinely happy for us.
Tony Bloom knows the club, knows the history, knows the potential & without him, this would not happen. I am so happy & proud of my club; sad I'm not there to witness it (I need to earn a crust), but still, just so proud. Have one for me everyone!

Thank-you TB, we owe you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here