Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton can prove doubters wrong, says Dale Stephens as promotion beckons for Brighton

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Known throughout football for his calm temperament and for the gentlemanly way he conducts himself, Hughton was written off by some as lacking the steel to succeed at the top level.
Yet Stephens insists there is a tough side to Hughton that is not always obvious.

Brilliant :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Leaders Brighton face relegation-threatened Wigan Athletic at the Amex Stadium tomorrow afternoon knowing that their superior goal difference means automatic promotion will effectively be guaranteed if Huddersfield fail at least to match their result when they face Derby County away from home two hours later.
No.

It seems basic mathematics is too much for them.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Lads, come on (I am rolling one out here)... we are not promoted yet :wink:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Leaders Brighton face relegation-threatened Wigan Athletic at the Amex Stadium tomorrow afternoon knowing that their superior goal difference means automatic promotion will effectively be guaranteed if Huddersfield fail at least to match their result when they face Derby County away from home two hours later.
No.

No.

Why is that as what they are saying is true if they do not get as many points as us we are virtually up especially if we win and they draw. so they have to at least match our result if not better it.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
No.

Why is that as what they re saying is true if they do bniot get as many poinrts as us we are virytually up especially if we win and rthgey draw. so they have tio at least match our result if noty better it.

Blimey, I thought I'd had a few, BG.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Lads, come on (I am rolling one out here)... we are not promoted yet :wink:

If you do a doomsday predictor Albion finish 3rd (89pts)to Hudddersfield in 2nd (92pts)...... I suppose it could happen.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No.

Why is that as what they re saying is true if they do bniot get as many poinrts as us we are virytually up especially if we win and rthgey draw. so they have tio at least match our result if noty better it.

Are you posting from your ophine?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

The bit in the article says we are as good as up due to our goal difference if Huddersfield fail to match our result tomorrow. That is incorrect, if Huddersfield fail to match our result tomorrow then they cannot catch us, goal difference is no longer a factor.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
No.

The part quoted seems to be trying to summarise too many potential outcomes in one sentence. Our promotion would be effectively guaranteed if Huddersfield match our result and actually guaranteed if they can't. Only gaining points on us tomorrow keeps Huddersfield's chance of beating our points total alive. It reads like the reporter's meaning may have been changed by an editor reducing the word count.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I would love to be a fly on the wall in the changing room at half times. There is an fine art to managing players individually being respected and we know that every player responds to him. He's got be a dad and and a boss and have no favourites.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If you do a doomsday predictor Albion finish 3rd (89pts)to Hudddersfield in 2nd (92pts)...... I suppose it could happen.

I'm just quoting many of those that keep telling us we ain't there yet. Bleedin obvious, of course, but even more bleedin obvious that we will be.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Stephens not mentionng next season and whether he'll still be here or not.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Stephens not mentionng next season and whether he'll still be here or not.

I think he is dropping hints by doing that interview. His agent must have arranged the interview. Why else would it be him being interviewed about Chris and not the club captain

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'll be so pleased when we are mathematically promoted if only to stop the bell cheeses who shit themselves about our far superior goal difference and whether or not Huddersfield can match it, worrying about it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here