Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has it all been worth it? Of course it has!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Some have seen more games than me, others have seen less games than me, but April 20th 2017 incredibly marks 30 years since MY first Albion game. My Grandad took me into the West Stand at the Goldstone, and we gloriously beat Palace 2-0.

If I knew then what I know now, and that it would take nearly 30 years to the day to eventually reach the top tier, would I still put myself through everything that has happened over the last 30 years?
Of course I would!

It may not happen tomorrow, but it looks extremely likely that we will now be promoted ... and that will indeed be an emotional moment.

There are far too many defining points along the way to mention in both life and football experiences over that period, but 20 years ago, we were 28 minutes away from oblivion at the very bottom of all the 92 clubs in the last game of the 1996/97 season. Surviving that makes what we about to achieve an even greater emotional moment. Let's enjoy it, because we've earned the right to.

Being the OCD fruitcake that I am (I prefer to call it dedication) here are a few stats covering those 30 years. It will also make you wonder WTF is wrong with me!:

30.JPG

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Some have seen more games than me, others have seen less games than me, but April 20th 2017 incredibly marks 30 years since MY first Albion game. My Grandad took me into the West Stand at the Goldstone, and we gloriously beat Palace 2-0.

If I knew then what I know now, and that it would take nearly 30 years to the day to eventually reach the top tier, would I still put myself through everything that has happened over the last 30 years?
Of course I would!

It may not happen tomorrow, but it looks extremely likely that we will now be promoted ... and that will indeed be an emotional moment.

There are far too many defining points along the way to mention in both life and football experiences over that period, but 20 years ago, we were 28 minutes away from oblivion at the very bottom of all the 92 clubs in the last game of the 1996/97 season. Surviving that makes what we about to achieve an even greater emotional moment. Let's enjoy it, because we've earned the right to.

Being the OCD fruitcake that I am (I prefer to call it dedication) here are a few stats covering those 30 years. It will also make you wonder WTF is wrong with me!:

View attachment 84218

I recall the euphoria of 1979 and this will no doubt match that. Have a great day tomorrow and let's hope that it all turns out OK.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Nice thread and graphic,i'm not sure how many games i've attended,no idea but even were i to work it out.......how on earth does one get to a figure of **Different people attended games with :lolol:

As per Alice in wonderland -We all mad around here though or else we would not have come here,you're clearly a litter madder than most and i congratulate your service.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Nice thread and graphic,i'm not sure how many games i've attended,no idea but even were i to work it out.......how on earth does one get to a figure of **Different people attended games with :lolol:

As per Alice in wonderland -We all mad around here though or else we would not have come here,you're clearly a litter madder than most and i congratulate your service.

:lol:
I literally started a spreadsheet when I was 11 and have filled it in game by game ever since.
I'm sure others may have done similar but my family think I'm nuts!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
:lol:
I literally started a spreadsheet when I was 11 and have filled it in game by game ever since.
I'm sure others may have done similar but my family think I'm nuts!

wow,was not expecting that answer,fair play though.........

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here