Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Return of Rocket Man? One-Off for Bristol City Game?

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Well? Do you think it could happen? Not many woods to hide in round the Amex 😂, but with some playing legends seemingly returning it would be fitting for this legend from the Theatre of Trees to make one final appearance.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Whilst the little wooded section in between the B2123 and Bennett field carpark is the closest site, the woods to the south of the top car park at the University Of Brighton would provide a more suitable launch site as the cover is better. Good luck to the Rocket Man.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Barber will be sharpening his quill as we speak!

How about screamer?

D

Deleted member 2719

I would guess 20,000 of the fans won't know the legends of rocket man and the screamer.

Who are the modern day characters of the AMEX ???

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Maybe we could erect a full HAMMER net in one corner of the ground (preferably NW to spoil the Judge's view) and for completeness the gentleman two rows below and three seats to my left could jump up and celebrate mockingly every time the ball goes in the net.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Lets get one of these puppies...:ohmy:

gong man.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I would guess 20,000 of the fans won't know the legends of rocket man and the screamer.

To complete a tribute toThe Withdean Matchday Experience, perhaps everyone in the lower levels could be issued with ponchos (£1 to home fans, free to away fans) and the on-pitch sprinklers re-directed into the stands for the whole game.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
I hear we are installing planks below our feet so we can stamp our feet and make that sound like a tube train arriving. They've also moved the away section back into the car park for the full withean experience.

D

Deleted member 2719

To complete a tribute toThe Withdean Matchday Experience, perhaps everyone in the lower levels could be issued with ponchos (£1 to home fans, free to away fans) and the on-pitch sprinklers re-directed into the stands for the whole game.

Yes and maybe only ex Withdean fans can be allowed in, I suppose the plastics would have to have all three tiers of the West.:whistle:

Respect to Withdean fans is massive, but we go up a level, when we talk about those who travelled to the priestfield.:bowdown:

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

I still have a couple of ponchos. Rather than retro shirts today and for Bristol City perhaps these beauties should make a return.

I assume the Withdean Screamer is still around? Perhaps the vocal chords aren't as shrill as during our time at the theatre of trees.

D

Deleted member 2719

Rocket man didn't hide in the woods, he was in his own garden in Withdean. A local who loved the Albion.

Come on, rocket man was IN the woods..................... he was with Catweazel.

Attachments

• ee797167fab30ffe949153f0ad0042aa.jpg
    ee797167fab30ffe949153f0ad0042aa.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 221

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here