Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's face it, our current team is rubbish.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
All these threads about needing a new keeper, wingers forwards etc makes me realise what a fluke this season has been. All of our players seem to need replacing for next year, they are all just shockers. Let's have a clear out, quick.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
All this talk of replacements is getting irritating, let's get the job done first

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
All these threads about needing a new keeper, wingers forwards etc makes me realise what a fluke this season has been. All of our players seem to need replacing for next year, they are all just shockers. Let's have a clear out, quick.

Stockys out of contract as is Stephens starting threads to possible outcomes is only natural surely as is stating some of our squad won't be good enough next season

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
We are a good, well organised team with a few players who have excelled themselves this season. We will go up. We will live the moment but some thought needs to be given to next year.
On past experience we have a great manager for getting teams promoted. However, if we are to stay up Chris is going to have to up his game as well not just the players. We will not really know where we need to improve until the January window next season so I hope we don't go too mad this summer and get the wrong players.
At the moment I'm simply loving it!

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
The team has been built with hard work and on the whole over the last few seasons the right players have come in. I trust the club know what they need. I don't see big money being spent, I think the squad has been a work in progress.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Stockys out of contract as is Stephens starting threads to possible outcomes is only natural surely as is stating some of our squad won't be good enough next season

Maybe once the seasons over yes.
But 4 games to go and people should enjoy the rest of this season. This is the best Albion side since I've been alive and I'd be disappointed if we didn't keep the majority of it together. There will be 2/3 quality additions if and when we go up at least but the club I trust will also be sensible I think in the market.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Every smart club upgrades incrementally on the playing side shirley? CH will have his targets already firmly earmarked in the footballing database in his head.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The big question is, who is the best manager to keep us up after we sack CH?

I'm starting to think maybe a Tony Pullis type manager would be perfect for the type of players we're going to be signing.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Yes, I'd forgotten about the manager. We should have kept hold of Hyypia; our current bloke is an obvious turkey.

biddles911

May 12, 2014

But they're top quality rubbish as is shown by our position!?

I think we might be pleasantly surprised by how our team fares in the Premier League. Leicester are a prime example of how far a team can go if the team ethos and spirit is right.

Key must be to address those positions where age is a major factor. I believe we've got the oldest squad in the Championship?

It's pretty obvious that we're going to need younger players in some positions, particularly at the back and up front.

Both Bruno and Murray have been wonderful this season but I can't see them lasting more than a season in the Premier League.

We've got great options already in the wide positions, midfield and centre backs. Just needs a bit more depth, perhaps also to change formation to shore up the midfield?

We'll be fine.......!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
But they're top quality rubbish as is shown by our position!?

I think we might be pleasantly surprised by how our team fares in the Premier League. Leicester are a prime example of how far a team can go if the team ethos and spirit is right.

Key must be to address those positions where age is a major factor. I believe we've got the oldest squad in the Championship?

It's pretty obvious that we're going to need younger players in some positions, particularly at the back and up front.

Both Bruno and Murray have been wonderful this season but I can't see them lasting more than a season in the Premier League.

We've got great options already in the wide positions, midfield and centre backs. Just needs a bit more depth, perhaps also to change formation to shore up the midfield?

We'll be fine.......!

Not sure about the oldest squad but our starting eleven has reportedly been.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Too much Harvey's.

So, even you agree with the clear out calls?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
All this talk of replacements is getting irritating, let's get the job done first

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

This in spades. Ffs, we have a couple of months to celebrate, IF we go up, a couple of months after years of waiting...... I could not give a toss about next season atm, did Burnley make many changes when they went up.....a bit of faith in OUR players that MIGHT get us up, a couple of proper additions, no big time Charlies or past it Premier players looking for a last payday.
We are on our way......ENJOY.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I thought the OP was taking the p*** out of all the 'Who shall we replace X, Y or Z with?' threads, not agreeing with them.......................

:fishing: maybe.

D'you think? Well spotted, end thread.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here