Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question about taking baggage into the Amex

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Happy Easter Listees of the Great Board

A question for you. My eldest lad is traveling back down South tomorrow via the Amex for the match.He will have a sports bag with him. I presume these are allowed into the ground with an inspection from one of the turnstile officials? Any pointers from you great folk.....

WAOOW

TTF

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is fine, he will be searched but providing everything in order not a problem.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It should be OK but after what happened in Dortmund I'd expect a thorough search of the bag.

Could he leave it in the club shop or somewhere for someone to look after if he's got the time? It's a shame we have to be so vigilant everywhere in these times of terrorism.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If dirty washing is involved it might be considered a health hazard.

As odd as it sounds, I can confirm that to be true as I've had one taken off me before. Apparently it constitutes the possibility of being an offensive weapon. I was able to pick it up after the match though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've done it before, expect a thorough search and as mentioned aerosols etc will probably be taken

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just how offensive is your dirty washing ? Sounds like the bovver boys of old missed a trick there.

Just realised I quoted the wrong post - meant this one :lolol:

If he has an aerosol ie deodorant in it, it will be confiscated.

As odd as it sounds, I can confirm that to be true as I've had one taken off me before. Apparently it constitutes the possibility of being an offensive weapon. I was able to pick it up after the match though.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
When you get searched at the entrance, you can ask the stewards to put the bag in storage. There's one near most of the entrances. You then go and collect it after the game.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Happy Easter Listees of the Great Board

A question for you. My eldest lad is traveling back down South tomorrow via the Amex for the match.He will have a sports bag with him. I presume these are allowed into the ground with an inspection from one of the turnstile officials? Any pointers from you great folk.....

WAOOW

TTF

I don't think you'll have issues with taking baggage into the Amex.
There's enough of it on here to go around with all what ifs and bedwetters around :lolol:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Just realised I quoted the wrong post - meant this one :lolol:

That's a relief (re the dirty washing) ! Yep, various family members of mine have also had aerosols confiscated at the Amex and once down at Exeter. Both times they were collected afterwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here