Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MoTD tonight...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That White Hart Lane pitch is a thing of beauty...

Be Wembley next season, finally I will go as BHAFC will be playing there (spoiler alert, the new Wembley)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Be Wembley next season, finally I will go as BHAFC will be playing there (spoiler alert, the new Wembley)

Me too. Will be my first visit to the new stadium. I always said my first visit would be to see Brighton play there.

Would it be a play-off final? Maybe. An FA Cup semi final? Possible, but unlikely. A League Cup final? Probably not.

NEVER in my wildest dreams did I think it would be to see us play Spurs in the Premier League :mad:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Me too. Will be my first visit to the new stadium. I always said my first visit would be to see Brighton play there.

Would it be a play-off final? Maybe. An FA Cup semi final? Possible, but unlikely. A League Cup final? Probably not.

NEVER in my wildest dreams did I think it would be to see us play Spurs in the Premier League :mad:

I tried that but saw Take That there to keep the missus happy!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
That White Hart Lane pitch is a thing of beauty...

Meanwhile, the St Mary's pitch is a complete SHOCKER :nono:

The product of a Head Groundsman with an Edward Scissorhands complex who thinks match day is all about him...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

My wife and kids took a very dim view when I flatly refused to go on the kids football club outing to watch a Schoolboy International there, I was club manager as well, went to Bristol Rovers away which was miles better.

Jack1882

Apr 10, 2017
We have to announce if it's our last season at the Lane by the end of the month, so it's still a little up in the air whether Wembley is a go for next season.

Hi btw, joined a few days ago ready to congratulate you guys when the job is 100% done. Lifelong Spurs fan and obviously still a big fan of Chris Hughton one of the nicest guys in the game.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought that they hadnt finally decided on whether it would be 1 more season at White Hart Lane or go to Wembley next season. as they re still considering both options

I think you are right, still undecided and I think the issue at Wembley is they can only have so many events per annum

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
I think you are right, still undecided and I think the issue at Wembley is they can only have so many events per annum

No, I think Spurs have got special dispensation to play at Wembley for the entire season.

The issue is that the building of the new stadium is running a little behind schedule and the Premier League won't allow Spurs to change their home venue midway though a season. They want to be sure that they can kick off the 2018/19 season in their new ground, otherwise they'll stay where they are for 2017/18 and move to Wembley (or another venue) in 2018/19.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No, I think Spurs have got special dispensation to play at Wembley for the entire season.

The issue is that the building of the new stadium is running a little behind schedule and the Premier League won't allow Spurs to change their home venue midway though a season. They want to be sure that they can kick off the 2018/19 season in their new ground, otherwise they'll stay where they are for 2017/18 and move to Wembley (or another venue) in 2018/19.

They have. But currently according to Evening Standard Daniel Levy is considering trying to stay at WHL and build the ground at the same time.

Really don't know how feasible that is given the grandiose nature of their plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Billy Joel was brilliant there. Haven't been to a football match there yet !! Would love to play Spurs there, my little brother is a Spurs fan, we have never been in the same division for the time we were old enough to go to matches

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I just watched the opening credits and wondered how they'd fit The Amex and a Seagull into them. :)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Indeed. Can't see spurs going to Wembley considering their dreadful record there. Not a big deal, just get to the Carling cup final instead!

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here