Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Player 2017-18

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
What is going to happen to Seagulls player next season IF we are in the Premier League? I believe the current player is a Football League arrangement?

Correct me if I'm wrong!

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Hopefully replaced by the clubs own TV channel. Most of the top clubs have one and beam games live to overseas supporters.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
What is going to happen to Seagulls player next season IF we are in the Premier League? I believe the current player is a Football League arrangement?

Correct me if I'm wrong!

Will be interesting as Barber did bring this up a while ago

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I believe the first thing you'll see when promotion is confirmed will be Mr Barber-Out burning anything and everything to do with Seagulls Player.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Just checked and Bournemouth still use the 'Player' template, wonder whether we are signed up to it for a number of years irrespective of league.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Didn't Barber say that he would like to make the games available via stream at a price (or season subscription) or something along those lines?

Id really love to keep JC and Warren around to commentate.
It'd be sad to lose them after listening to them for years.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I'm glad this question has been asked because I was wondering the same thing today. Whatever replaces it has to be better!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I hope we keep it to a point...just the other day I started watching all the match highlights on there starting from the earliest to now - just as a reminder of where we were and who we had compared to now. It's quite humbling.

If they can improve the overall product but keep the old matches, i'd be happy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
First? Maybe second...first would be to check the clubs bank account :moo:
I'm pretty sure (although happy to be wrong) quite a while ago, in a rather uncharacteristic non diplomatic answer, PB made it clear he wants out of the Player contract.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I hope we keep it to a point...just the other day I started watching all the match highlights on there starting from the earliest to now - just as a reminder of where we were and who we had compared to now. It's quite humbling.

If they can improve the overall product but keep the old matches, i'd be happy.

Most of it is on youtube anyway innit?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Most of it is on youtube anyway innit?

From the past couple of seasons, yeah - I was thinking more of the last season or two of Withdean, which I don't think have made it there yet.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
All we (as users) have suffered from this collective deal be careful what you wish for.

The day clubs deal directly with their fans for TV rights and Live games is the day the Premier League becomes like Spain ( or Scotland ).

Some teams have a much bigger fan base in this country but with worldwide exposure the difference is increased exponentially.

A few top clubs could potentially earn more in a few games than they do over a season.

The logical outcome will be a European Super League and the current top divisions "relegated" to the status of the Championship if and only promotion is allowed.

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm pretty sure (although happy to be wrong) quite a while ago, in a rather uncharacteristic non diplomatic answer, PB made it clear he wants out of the Players contract.

Wasn't he talking about Akpom at the time?

All we (as users) have suffered from this collective deal be careful what you wish for.

The day clubs deal directly with their fans for TV rights and Live games is the day the Premier League becomes like Spain.

I believe the Spanish contract has gone back to equal payments. A quick look at Sky shows 8 different live games next weekend at staggered KO times.

Of course all BHA game will be available on Kodi.

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
I believe the current contract with the seagulls player provider expires at the end of the year. They already have a new/better provider lined up for the whole of the football league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here