Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

With the benefit of hindsight are you now content we missed out on promotion last season?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
It can't be denied that this has been a thoroughly enjoyable season full of highs and very few lows. If we had been promoted last season I don't believe we would have experienced such euphoria once the reality of the promised land had been achieved. At this stage with no cast iron guarantees would you, if you could, have swapped promotion to last season and missed out on the experience of this season or would you take the status quo?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The football gods thread is covering this topic already. Appreciate the post, but we don't need multiple threads.

Which The Football Gods? tho,appears there are two on page one

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
If Tony had accepted some of the bids we had last summer this season would probably have been less fun. I think Saint Tony of Bloom deserves most of the credit.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
It can't be denied that this has been a thoroughly enjoyable season full of highs and very few lows. If we had been promoted last season I don't believe we would have experienced such euphoria once the reality of the promised land had been achieved. At this stage with no cast iron guarantees would you, if you could, have swapped promotion to last season and missed out on the experience of this season or would you take the status quo?

I would prefer we missed out again this season,a leading team in the Championship is within our possibilites,being a member of the top league in Europe despite the huge amount of cash from Sky we are not going to attract the top players however much we can afford,we can run our guts out but by Christmas we will have nothing left
and the thought of a heavy defensive formation with one man up does not attract me at all.
Be careful of what you wish because the outcome could be very disappointing to the Chairman,Manager,Players and supporters

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
That's the politest way of calling 'fixtures!' that I've ever seen!
:thumbsup:

:lolol: I knew that I could've just said fixtures but I'm sure with all the excitement we're going to have a lot of spontaneous threads. Just need to calm it all down, save the party for Monday!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think it's a great question and my answer is a resounding - YES

The hurt last year was really bad to take but I think it made players tougher and more determined coming into this season. The players now know how to deal with defeats and disappointment and that will stand them in good stead for next year if they move up there with the club.

And secondly it gave the fans 2 good seasons of good football and relative success and total success - Two for the price of one, so I am happy how it has turned out.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I just hoped we took it to the wire last season, so I wasn't that dismayed. Cue: Huddersfield this season if they take Newcastle to the final weekend.

This season seemed a hard slog.

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
I would prefer we missed out again this season,a leading team in the Championship is within our possibilites,being a member of the top league in Europe despite the huge amount of cash from Sky we are not going to attract the top players however much we can afford,we can run our guts out but by Christmas we will have nothing left
and the thought of a heavy defensive formation with one man up does not attract me at all.
Be careful of what you wish because the outcome could be very disappointing to the Chairman,Manager,Players and supporters

Well there's aspiration for you! Would n't it be better if we just threw all of our games, better still we could ask the players to stay in bed on Saturdays and for Tony to buy Reading.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Last season seemed to be a miraculous transformation after almost going down the previous year.

This season has been brilliant, but a lot of times I have turned up expecting to win like Real Madrid, where as last year, holding on for the last few minutes against Bolton was a big deal.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes. We've had two brilliant seasons (albeit one with a sad ending) instead of the one brilliant one and one, inevitably, less brilliant one as we struggled to come to terms with the PL.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes. We've had two brilliant seasons (albeit one with a sad ending) instead of the one brilliant one and one, inevitably, less brilliant one as we struggled to come to terms with the PL.

This. Last season was brilliant right up to the miserable visit to Boro and the PO semis (even though parts of the home leg will linger long in the memory) but this season has been just un-*******-believable with so many 'moments'. We'll be better prepared for next season too.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I wouldn't swap this season for anything! We were all gutted after Boro and again Sheffield Wednesday at the Amex and it would have been easy for the team to sink like a stone. Remember how strong the league looked at the beginning of the season.

What an amazing season this has been. I feel so lucky to have experienced such a season.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
In answer to the Op's question, No!

Surely you want to get promoted at the earliest opportunity, yes it's been a good season of course and we are 99.99% there.

Who knows what next season will bring, but if the worst happens and we come back down then who's to say we can't have another season like this in 18/19.

No, let's get there as soon as possible and see if we can sustain ourselves there. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here