Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

48 hours to go and I'm already pacing around

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
and I've written this.

https://piespintsandprogrammes.wordpress.com/

The verbal diarrhoea of a man way too excited for his own good.

Logging on this afternoon to find this absolute gem of a summary of the intervening years an absolute tonic (to go with the pint of Gin it seems to take at the moment to take the edge off my nerves) is good for the soul.

I really have tried to not get ahead of myself this season and can be found most games shhing the "we're on our way" North Stand fate tempting eager beavers but I sincerely hope we get to recreate the post Chesterfield euphoria at home against Bristol City on 29th and not in front of a lucky few away to Villa on the 7th.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
and I've written this.

When the second goal when in I suddenly felt a bit choked up as the realisation started to kick in, I turned around and there was a fella in his 50s with scarf held aloft his head, he had tears in his eyes. I caught his glance and gave him a wink and he smiled back, I turned back around as I think I was about to lose it at that point. It is going to get a lot more emotional before the end of the season.

el punal

I'm here in Mexico (and I shouldn't be) on holiday sipping a cold Indio beer (and I shouldn't be) and missing the Albion (and I shouldn't be) and I am reading your wonderful piece and a little tear is rolling down my cheek. Back soon to shed some more . . . . . this time of joy.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
chill.png

Relax Hiney. Time to chill and enjoy.

PG

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Having the attention span of gnat, I usually skim read everything but I enjoyed all of that - it really does put into perspective every step of the long journey for us old enough to have been through it.

Of course Fraser's generation have set off of a journey of their own. It too will have highs to enjoy and lows to endure - that is being an Albion fan. I do hope though that nearly going out of existence is never a fight BHA fans ever have to experience again.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
and I've written this.

Great piece [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION]

I've not started pacing yet mainly because I got so TROLLEYED after yesterday's game. My 10YO son. season ticket holder for the last 3 seasons is beside himself though. Roll on Monday.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
When the second goal when in I suddenly felt a bit choked up as the realisation started to kick in, I turned around and there was a fella in his 50s with scarf held aloft his head, he had tears in his eyes. I caught his glance and gave him a wink and he smiled back, I turned back around as I think I was about to lose it at that point. It is going to get a lot more emotional before the end of the season.

That may well have been me! Or another 50 year old struggling to see properly between the second goal and the end of the match - I suspect that there were quite a few of us......

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
and I've written this.

I have been trying to explain to my wife why getting to the Premier League means so much more to us than to another team, but I have been struggling. I shall send her your superb blog and let her read it from another fan's perspective, it might be easier than me trying to come up with the words and failing. So - thank you.

She asked me today if we should buy a Sky subscription so I can watch more football next year. I then tried to explain that it wasn't actually the Premier League games I was really looking forward to, or were the important thing. It's the getting there that's important, not what happens next. I very much see this as drawing a line under everything that's happened, and basically the final proof of the fans success 20 years ago. It will never mean so much again.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I have been trying to explain to my wife why getting to the Premier League means so much more to us than to another team, but I have been struggling. I shall send her your superb blog and let her read it from another fan's perspective, it might be easier than me trying to come up with the words and failing. So - thank you.

She asked me today if we should buy a Sky subscription so I can watch more football next year. I then tried to explain that it wasn't actually the Premier League games I was really looking forward to, or were the important thing. It's the getting there that's important, not what happens next. I very much see this as drawing a line under everything that's happened, and basically the final proof of the fans success 20 years ago. It will never mean so much again.

I too have been struggling to convey exactly how it feels to many people and this article and your second paragraph do so excellently.

This season really is like a most excellent form of therapy.

My dad and I were discussing it all this morning - perhaps maybe more appropriate for the Dark Days thread but - and we both wondered in some kind of weird way what Archer and Stanley think of it all and do they think that their roles are now forgotten.

We both concluded clearly not and that were Mr Archer to meet any kind of questionable demise that an Albion fan would probably still be prime suspect.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
As my signature says.

We truly are lucky to have supported this club, out of all of them. This comes across as a feeling of superiority, but this journey Brighton have been on has been unbelievable, and other supporters won't ever get the incredible experience what our local football club has gone through. We had struggles, but we've come through the other side and we should be proud of what we've done.

Make sure we all enjoy our promotion this season(and hopefully the title!), because this feeling of euphoria won't be the same next time. It won't have the history behind it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
and I've written this.

So here we are, twenty years on from the dark days of 1997. The 917th league game since 1997 could bring final redemption to this brilliant football club. The record at the moment stands at P916, W350, D266, L300, F1161, A995. We’ve taken 1,316 points in that time. Three more and it’s party-time.

This in abundance, brilliant :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here