Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Betting on games?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
My wife (Nurse Gladys) asked me a question about gambling, "as players and managers can't bet on matches how can other club officials have a bet?".
I'm sure TB has a few quid on us going up but does the FA allow this? What are the rules on who can and can't have a flutter from the club?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I believe it is something along the lines of anyone that could influence the outcome of a match so would assume its players and coaching staff?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
My wife (Nurse Gladys) asked me a question about gambling, "as players and managers can't bet on matches how can other club officials have a bet?".
I'm sure TB has a few quid on us going up but does the FA allow this? What are the rules on who can and can't have a flutter from the club?

I'm sure Uncle Tony is absolutely not allowed to gamble on UK football. I believe his staff at his betting company place bets on behalf of their clients.

As a lot of you know I have worked for several years in the betting industry and also support an ex Ryman League team.

Without quoting chapter and verse (which I couldn't do anyway) in a nutshell, no player, official or club employee in the top EIGHT divisions is permitted to bet on a football match, so as absurd as it seems the goalkeeping coach at Three Bridges is not allowed to walk into ladbrokes and have a quid on Boca Juniors to beat River Plate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here