Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Betting on games?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
My wife (Nurse Gladys) asked me a question about gambling, "as players and managers can't bet on matches how can other club officials have a bet?".
I'm sure TB has a few quid on us going up but does the FA allow this? What are the rules on who can and can't have a flutter from the club?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I believe it is something along the lines of anyone that could influence the outcome of a match so would assume its players and coaching staff?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
My wife (Nurse Gladys) asked me a question about gambling, "as players and managers can't bet on matches how can other club officials have a bet?".
I'm sure TB has a few quid on us going up but does the FA allow this? What are the rules on who can and can't have a flutter from the club?

I'm sure Uncle Tony is absolutely not allowed to gamble on UK football. I believe his staff at his betting company place bets on behalf of their clients.

As a lot of you know I have worked for several years in the betting industry and also support an ex Ryman League team.

Without quoting chapter and verse (which I couldn't do anyway) in a nutshell, no player, official or club employee in the top EIGHT divisions is permitted to bet on a football match, so as absurd as it seems the goalkeeping coach at Three Bridges is not allowed to walk into ladbrokes and have a quid on Boca Juniors to beat River Plate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here