Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Football Gods Have Decided....

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
That this is our year but how do you feel about last season, knowing what you do now?

Would you have preferred we beat Boro?
Won the Playoffs?
Or feel that the way we are this year is worth the hurt from last season?

Personally, I think this season has been so amazing that I'm ok with not going up last season and IF we can claim the title as well then definitely worth the wait!!

How do you feel?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I was mortified last year after the Boro game, went back to York and drowned my sorrows. Would have been the stuff of dreams to go there on the last day in their back yard and clinch it from them. So this year on Monday against Wigan won't be as glamorous but at least my nerves won't be shredded.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Feel that if we keep the squad together and sprinkle in as few additions as possible,we should survive next season,clearly taking the extra season proves that team spirit is going to be the all important factor moving forwards,further,i for the first time in years actually want us to spend as little as possible.

Wonderful achievement getting already equal to last seasons points total,with 4 games to spare,with the benefit of hindsight i feel it's better us going up this way..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That this is our year but how do you feel about last season, knowing what you do now?

Would you have preferred we beat Boro?
Yes.

Or feel that the way we are this year is worth the hurt from last season?
No.

Would have liked to do it with Bobby, Calde, Greer and while Bruno was a year younger, to give him a better chance in the PL.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Yep, but at the time I thought the best we would do this season was scrape 6th spot and have 25% chance of promotion that way.

I am pleased to say I was completely wrong.

el punal

How do I feel? Marvellous and frustrated. I'm on holiday in Mexico with the family, lying in the sun etc., which is marvellous. Frustrated, because I'm missing all the action back home. Thank God for t'internet! Still, back in time to watch the Norwich game on TV at home, and down to the Amex for Bristols and, by hook or crook, Villa away.

Part two of the answer - I just felt our luck was not in at the finish of last season. We were always playing catch-up and that did us in the end. I much prefer it this time, in control of our own destiny, and hopefully, able to enjoy our triumph with panache and joy.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The level of anticipation, nerves etc. was something else that day in the north east and the feeling had we won would've been incredible. But obviously this season has been great.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Think it's just good to leave bygones be bygones and just accept it just didn't go our way, and perhaps we could've done it, but we didn't pick up points when they mattered. Obviously it wasn't clear what the outcome for this season would be, and with Newcastle and Villa in the mix, it was possible that last season could've been the year we almost made the premier league.

I think we have a lot to thank for though, this season wouldn't have been possible if the board and Tony didnt keep the team mostly intact. The club went in with the right mentality this time and for what it's worth, everything has been just right. Though I also think last season definitely contributed a lot to the success of this season, so really I say the two ought to be paired together, even if 2015/16 ended in heartbreak. After Shoreham and Knockaert's dad's passing, there was a real sense of solidarity between the support, the players and the club that I think has really shown the philosophy Brighton has.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Very happy with the way things have worked out. In particular I have enjoyed the away trips more than last year, fans have been well up for it and tremendous atmoshpere.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'd have loved to have gone up last season but the extra year in the Championship has done us good. A much, much better squad now in terms of strength in depth and therefore a better basis for Premier League survival.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here