Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Tony Bloom spent £274 million on the Albion

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He's managed to claw £20 million back from player sales, but since taking over in 2009, Sir Tony of Bloomshire, before the start of the season, has spent £159 million on the stadium, training ground and other facilities, £25 million on players, and £89 million subsidising the losses made by the club as follows: (and I know the figures are slightly imperfect)

Albion Spending Under TB.JPG

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You made a post a couple of years back saying Palace are worth about 230 million because they are in the Premier league. What about us now ?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
As a fan, we alll want Tony Bllom to receive a return on his investment but will he ask or accept it. The risk for him would be a lack of investment in players needed to establish ourselves? 3-5 yrs in the EPL would lead to the debt being repaid. Will be interesting to see what happens.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As a fan, we alll want Tony Bllom to receive a return on his investment but will he ask or accept it. The risk for him would be a lack of investment in players needed to establish ourselves? 3-5 yrs in the EPL would lead to the debt being repaid. Will be interesting to see what happens.

He won't get his money back.

This season I anticipate losses (after paying bonuses) in excess of £40 million.

The club will benefit by at least £100 million next season IF we make the Premier League, but the average wage bill there is £111 m compared to £23 m in the Championship. Add in the extra spent on players, and we will be doing well to break even in the EPL.

PL Wages & Player costs 2016.JPG

Championship 2016 Wages & Player costs.JPG

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
£25M on players... Newcastle spent double that in the summer transfer window..

Newcastle made a profit though. They sold Sissoko, Wijnaldum and Townsend for £66 million combined alone and there were other cash sales.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Newcastle made a profit though. They sold Sissoko, Wijnaldum and Townsend for £66 million combined alone and there were other cash sales.

Are you suggesting we sell Knockaert, Dunk & March? :lol:

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Certainly not! :facepalm: :lolol:

Thing is though if we do, and off-load Hughton as well, we won't have to go through the inevitable Ranieriesque punch in the guts when it eventually does go horribly wrong.

The more I think about it, the more I think YOU Guiness Boy are right.
Cash in now.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thing is though if we do, and off-load Hughton as well, we won't have to go through the inevitable Ranieriesque punch in the guts when it eventually does go horribly wrong.

The more I think about it, the more I think YOU Guiness Boy are right.
Cash in now.

I'm always right. Surely NSC understands this by now?

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi

This season I anticipate losses (after paying bonuses) in excess of £40 million.

The club will benefit by at least £100 million next season IF we make the Premier League, but the average wage bill there is £111 m compared to £23 m in the Championship. Add in the extra spent on players, and we will be doing well to break even in the EPL.

View attachment 84131

View attachment 84132

Thanks for this, it really gives an insight into the finances of football clubs. Which premier teams model should we look to emulate, going to take a wild stab in the dark and say not Crystal Palace.

D

Deleted member 2719

He's managed to claw £20 million back from player sales, but since taking over in 2009, Sir Tony of Bloomshire, before the start of the season, has spent £159 million on the stadium, training ground and other facilities, £25 million on players, and £89 million subsidising the losses made by the club as follows: (and I know the figures are slightly imperfect)

View attachment 84129

I like graphs, phanks,:hilton:

This really show how much he wants it this season.

Look at the increases in blue and red lines in 2016, :eek: gulp.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi

View attachment 84131

View attachment 84132

Thanks for this, it really gives an insight into the finances of football clubs. Which premier teams model should we look to emulate, going to take a wild stab in the dark and say not Crystal Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here