Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which club would you like to see rise now.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
By that I mean a club who have constantly underachieved and had their struggles over the years. For me it would be Bristol Rovers. Could have a huge big fan base and still feel guilty about bricking their coaches after that 2-8 defeat under Cloughie.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Agree with Rovers. For me Grimsby.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
As Albion has had its plights, I'd like to see Leyton Orient and Coventry City, rise again, given their ownership issues.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
By that I mean a club who have constantly underachieved and had their struggles over the years. For me it would be Bristol Rovers. Could have a huge big fan base and still feel guilty about bricking their coaches after that 2-8 defeat under Cloughie.

This. My second team though hardly seen them this season. Sold Matty Taylor over the Avon and still got near POs after two consecutive promotions. Recovered from losing league status in the final few minutes of the final game of the season by hanging on to manager and building throughout the following season.

Not sure about the huge fan base, TBH, City have a naturally larger base and football competes with rugby (Bristol, Bath, Gloucester) much more in this area than in Sussex. But the new stadium looks as if will happen, albeit only 18k capacity so not exactly a Prem bound ambition. Whatever, anything will be better than the Withdean in disguise that the Mem represents.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Charlton. I know they've had their years in the Premier league but they're being royally shat on in recent times. Plus their fans are generally a great bunch who saved their club like ours did.

And - if they established themselves as top dogs in South London there'd be fewer Palace fans over the coming generations.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd like to see Portsmouth return to their former glory. It's awful seeing a local club suffer so much because of poor ownership.

No wait, that's the opposite of what I want.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Coventry, especially as their fans haven't seen a top 6 finish since the1969/70 but are still loyal to the club. It's about time they had something to celebrate (especially i they can sort out their ownership issues too)

Charlton, a great club with a great history but suffering with unrest over it's owners. Fans were very supportive of us when we had our war years

And Leyton Orient, always a great day out when we used to play them regularly and it's sad to see them in such desperate times

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Fulham QPR Charlton Orient Luton Norwich Ipswich Portsmouth all good away trips
Then Plymouth Bristol Rovers Haywards Heath FC Scaynes Hill York city

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'd like to see Forest back, its been a long time and they belong there. Bristol City, years since they've been top flight, but they're the main team in one of our biggest cities, well-supported, they should have a go. And Preston, they've seen Blackburn, Burnley, Blackpool up there in recent years, indeed everyone from Wigan to Bolton in their part of the world, its their turn surely.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Arsenal. Consecutive four finishes but only a couple of FA cup wins to show for it, and it's soooo difficult to win the PL with many London derbies. Wenger is ruining that club by refusing to spend on TOP class players.

Or something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here