Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away day young 'uns

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Am I right in thinking we seem to be taking an increasing number of young lads and lasses (as in groups in the 16 to 20 age range bracket) to away games these days. Noticeable at QPR and yesterday particularly. Nothing better than taking large numbers of boisterous fans away. The future is looking bright on so many fronts including a growing younger fanbase!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Am I right in thinking we seem to be taking an increasing number of young lads and lasses (as in groups in the 16 to 20 age range bracket) to away games these days. Noticeable at QPR and yesterday particularly. Nothing better than taking large numbers of boisterous fans away. The future is looking bright on so many fronts including a growing younger fanbase!
I was thinking same yesterday! Think they're JBL's?

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I think that's right. We have endured some tough times since 1983 until relatively recently and I feel that there has been a lost generation of Albion fans - I hope these younger supporters stick with us for their lives and enjoy the highs (and I hope the lows are not as low as the ones we have faced)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Most of them seemed to be in the Elephant and Castle, Lewes yesterday, watching the match on the big screen,

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Good to see
A new generation of Albion fans, now they're 16/17 years old were probably taken to Amex aged around 10 when Amex first opened by their parents in family stand, now old enough to go on their own with their mates

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Good to see
A new generation of Albion fans, now they're 16/17 years old were probably taken to Amex aged around 10 when Amex first opened by their parents in family stand, now old enough to go on their own with their mates
Definitely. Is brilliant.

How good will it be if we can stay in the PL for a few years and make Albion the most likely club by far for all Sussex youngsters...?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Definitely. Is brilliant.

How good will it be if we can stay in the PL for a few years and make Albion the most likely club by far for all Sussex youngsters...?

It's great. There was a big group of about 16-18 year olds on our train back from QPR. I went to my first away game when I was 16 (though that was in the 80s) whereas my 10 year old has already done three aways. The next generation of fans have been created by the Amex and by the last couple of seasons

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
As long as they stick with us. I used to live in Pompey, amazing how many of the kids 'supported' them n the PL and now many of the shirts have been replaced with Chelsea and Man Utd again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here