Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Davies on Breakfast

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Said our achievement is more sensational than Leicester winning the league given where we were 20 years ago.

Talked knowledgeably about the club, the dark days, the struggle and name-checked Dick Knight and Tony Bloom. What a top man.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Didn't see his interview, but you can bet we will suddenly be heaped with praise when all season long we've been invisible. After all we can't lace the boots of Toon, Weds and the mighty Leeds can we.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In the Dan Walker / Mike Bushell bit an hour before that, they praised the Albion's board. I assume they mean the varying boards of directors over the last 20 years. It's great that outsiders to Brighton in the sports world are knowledgeable on the Albion's journey.

They contrasted us with Coventry at the moment.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
BBC have done well today. Davis especially, but they also had Virgo on earlier which was nice. Just the small matter of the 3 points on Monday now!

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Didn't see his interview, but you can bet we will suddenly be heaped with praise when all season long we've been invisible. After all we can't lace the boots of Toon, Weds and the mighty Leeds can we.

They all assumed that the small club (just the 28,000 regulars) wouldn't keep up in the top 2. Perhaps being the dark horses to outsiders helped us?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Greater than Leicester's title is going too far, smaller clubs than us have had promotion to the premier league and of course we have been in the top division before.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
Said our achievement is more sensational than Leicester winning the league given where we were 20 years ago.

Talked knowledgeably about the club, the dark days, the struggle and name-checked Dick Knight and Tony Bloom. What a top man.

He was outstanding at the FA during the dark days.

A number of people are ignorantly critical of some at the FA during that time but I can say first hand, where he is concerned, that praise rather than criticism is due. He really wanted the club to survive.

People talk of those that they would love to be at a promotion party. He'd be right up there on my list.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Agree, absurd comparison.

I don't think it was.
He wasn't making a direct comparison to Leicesters season last year more comparing our story of coming from near oblivion to the Premier League is similar or maybe even greater in magnitude of achievement considering where we were not so long ago.
It is an incredible football story!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
He was outstanding at the FA during the dark days.

A number of people are ignorantly critical of some at the FA during that time but I can say first hand, where he is concerned, that praise rather than criticism is due. He really wanted the club to survive.

People talk of those that they would love to be at a promotion party. He'd be right up there on my list.

Could not agree more, this 100%. Davies hugely raised the profile of our cause in those darkest of times and made a massive contribution to our survival and getting us on an upward trajectory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here