Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you heard about the changes to the driving test?

Binney on acid

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Don't know if it's fixtures, but have you heard about the changes to the driving test that come into effect on 4 December?

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Patience perhaps? Is a drivers patience going to be tested? Been waiting 2 hours now...

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Sounds like a good move all round - hope it includes 'Turning off fog lights when not required'

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I don't like sat navs and they are now telling me that people have to learn to use one - which appears to make them compulsory. How'd they work that one out?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I don't like sat navs and they are now telling me that people have to learn to use one - which appears to make them compulsory. How'd they work that one out?

Safety reasons to stop people relying 100% on satnavs and ending up on rail lines or going the wrong way down a one way street.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'm an advocate of a more stringent and up to date competence test for learner drivers, like a night driving part to the test as well as motorway driving. Teaching the basic controls in a cars cockpit and when they are used, should be a given for instructors.....surprising how many don't feel it's necessary.
I'm also all for having 'check tests' on ALL drivers every three years. It would cost millions to set up and administer.....but could save lives and millions in insurance payouts.
Even just a compulsory read through the highway code and written test would go a long way to educating the masses, but alas can't see it happening.
There's people out there who would fail the test for a TV licence, let alone a driving one, even after years of watching TV:rant:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is there a big difference between trying to listen to, and understand, what a voice on the SatNav is telling you, and listening, and trying to understand, what someone is trying to tell you on your mobile phone?
And what if your SatNav is an App on your mobile - is it OK to use it then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here