Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves fans applauding us at the end

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Nice touch, I thought... Met quite a few before and after the match and they were a friendly bunch, particularly in the Great Western, wishing us all the best. Fair play.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Really - what's that all about? I don't remember ever clapping another team for being close to promotion after I've seen us lose.

Not sure but they did, so good on 'em!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Blimey. Well they're better fans than us :D

Thanks Wolves :thumbsup:

I noticed it at the end when only our players were left on the pitch celebrating - and in the pub afterwards one of their fans said I hope you appreicated us clapping you at the end. Like you say, I can't imagine us doing the same!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Swansea got plenty of applause when they beat us in the year they won League 1
But that was the last day of the season, right? So we were applauding them being champions. That's not the case today (which is why I said "clapping another team for being close to promotion").

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Decent club and fans, the majority of them.

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Decent club and fans, the majority of them.

This. Plus I'm quite envious of the whole wolf iconography they've got - the two wolves/dogs that are paraded pre match (beautiful animals) & the 'out of the darkness' tags. & the Black Country pre match music (you can't beat a bit of Led Zep to get you in the mood) as well as possibly the best programme cover art I've ever seen - worth sharing here if I can work out how (I love that the seagulls are putting up a fight, as we know they can):
Wolves Albion programme.jpg

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
as I can out the stadium there was a wolves fan walking in opposite direction dishing out the high fives to us, me included.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This. Plus I'm quite envious of the whole wolf iconography they've got - the two wolves/dogs that are paraded pre match (beautiful animals) & the 'out of the darkness' tags. & the Black Country pre match music (you can't beat a bit of Led Zep to get you in the mood) as well as possibly the best programme cover art I've ever seen - worth sharing here if I can work out how (I love that the seagulls are putting up a fight, as we know they can):

That's amazing,great stuff......Now i know our programmes are half decent,but covers?

They seem to be stuck in a never ending perpetual repetition cycle for a little while,who was last BFG,ok he's done well,very well and deserves a front cover i suppose..but really great that wolves one is.

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
That's amazing,great stuff......Now i know our programmes are half decent,but covers?

They seem to be stuck in a never ending perpetual repetition cycle for a little while,who was last BFG,ok he's done well,very well and deserves a front cover i suppose..but really great that wolves one is.

I would love to know if they commission artwork like that for every home game - I can only assume they do - if they did you would want to collect them all, wouldn't you?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I would love to know if they commission artwork like that for every home game - I can only assume they do - if they did you would want to collect them all, wouldn't you?

I would,if they did,i would imagine there could be great variation in covers if differing artists did the work too..

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Chatted to a few as we walked to the station. Really friendly and wishing us all the best-in general people are far more friendly than us southerners.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Chatted to a few as we walked to the station. Really friendly and wishing us all the best-in general people are far more friendly than us southerners.

I found them really friendly as well. They didn't even take offence when I made a joke about one of their players.

Andy Wiemann's Agent was there and we were speaking about him. At the end I said ''was your lad playing, I don't recall seeing him''

He responded ''yes number 63 ''

To which I joked '' oh yes I do recall seeing him when he briefly fell out of Seb Pocognoli's pocket '' And he even laughed

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

All framed and put up on the wall, what a great reminder of a season. We'd certainly shift a few more programmes. Get the Lewes FC team onboard for next season. Red Devil standing on top of flying seagull stabbing at it with its trident, Liver Bird v Seagull stand-off over a dropped polystyrene tray of chips and gravy in a Liverpool 8 back alley, seagull catching an Arsenal cannonball in its beak, seagull v Spurs cockerel dust up etc.
:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here