Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best team in the league by a mile

Jan 22, 2017
Brighton and Hove Albion. :cheers:

Congratulations on winning the league, that is it for us now I just hope we join you in the top flight next season and I hope we both put up a decent fight, the standard is obviously better but a couple of signings will be enough for both.

You are going places as a club and deserve it after the years at Gillingham and the Withdean.

Enjoy!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mmmm.... indeed. :wave:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Too soon for congratulations on winning the league. Toon not out of it yet, despite your recent, ahem, blip.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Respect. Title race not over yet but we are sprinting at the moment so might be tricky to keep up.

We should improve the Prem a bit by replacing Boro and Sunderland.

Jan 22, 2017
Respect. Title race not over yet but we are sprinting at the moment so might be tricky to keep up.

Without doubt! Call me silly but after watching Sunderland squirm their way out of it every year without fail i wont be counting my chickens yet with regards to them!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Indeed. But staying up is a different ball game to going up. We have worked the Championship out, but what works against Blackburn, Brum etc is not going to cut it against better teams.

Interested in Rafa's comment in the Guardian article that Albion and Massive were Championship ready at the beginning of the season. Think this comment is a key as to why so many relegated clubs find it difficult to get immediate promotion; they have to ship out players and then recruit on a large scale such that even parachute payments don't really compensate. The flip side is that teams that get promoted are not Prem ready; beating a crappy Wolves team doesn't tell me much about how we will get on next season against even the mid tier sides like Saints and West Brom, let alone the top six.

The great thing is that our infrastructure IS Prem ready so I am confident that Winstanley and CH will recruit wisely. TB will know exactly what we can and cannot do, Suspect they are well on with this already.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Best team in the league by a mile
Well you did the double over us, and it's still close at the top, so no, not really.

Congratulations on winning the league, that is it for us now
I'm not falling for that tempting fate shit.

You are going places as a club and deserve it after the years at Gillingham and the Withdean.

Enjoy!
Thank you. If we go up in second, I will certainly still enjoy. I've been going for over 30 years now, and never seen my team in the top flight.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
A club was predicted to walk this league this season. I genuinely didn't expect us to be in contention to go up, let alone win the bloody thing!
Proud as punch to be where we are after the latest round of results.

We really are in with a good shout of winning this division and that is truly remarkable this season, with the size of the clubs that came down!
Thanks for posting with humility. Many away fans could learn a lesson in posting on an apposing clubs forum from you sir..

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A club was predicted to walk this league this season. I genuinely didn't expect us to be in contention to go up, let alone win the bloody thing!

We really are in with a good shout of winning this division and that is truly remarkable this season, with the size of the clubs that came down!
Thanks for posting with humility. Many away fans could learn a lesson in posting on an apposing clubs forum from you sir..

Great post, agree entirely.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The great thing is that our infrastructure IS Prem ready so I am confident that Winstanley and CH will recruit wisely. TB will know exactly what we can and cannot do, Suspect they are well on with this already.
Our presumptive club have already made space in our trophy cabinet for this season's silverware.

Wouldn't happen on mine or [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] 's watch.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Indeed. But staying up is a different ball game to going up. We have worked the Championship out, but what works against Blackburn, Brum etc is not going to cut it against better teams.

Interested in Rafa's comment in the Guardian article that Albion and Massive were Championship ready at the beginning of the season. Think this comment is a key as to why so many relegated clubs find it difficult to get immediate promotion; they have to ship out players and then recruit on a large scale such that even parachute payments don't really compensate. The flip side is that teams that get promoted are not Prem ready; beating a crappy Wolves team doesn't tell me much about how we will get on next season against even the mid tier sides like Saints and West Brom, let alone the top six.

I don't think that's how it is at all. In this league, We know we can sit back. \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\try to make sure we don't concede, knowing we can up the anti any time we like. Get a lead and do the same again and either hold out or push for the extra goal cushion. We are and have been in cruise control for about 2 months. Next year that will not be the case. Next year we will require better defensive midfielders against the likes of Chelsea or Spurs.

In Knockeart we have someone who can turn a draw into a win next year. I didn't think he looked anything special today but he can turn a football match in 2 seconds flat

Jan 22, 2017

After what happened to you last season I bet it feels so much better.

I know that it isn't over mathematically but psychologically we haven't been very good for weeks now and when we finally turn in a good display tonight we still can't win which is huge.

Enjoyed reading NSC and seeing the rollercoaster of emotions that I have been going through as well I.e. the world coming to an end after a defeat and feeling like nothing is going to stop us after a good result. Our seasons have been very similar with regards to the ups and downs.

Just hope we can win on Monday and Huddersfield slip up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here