Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we been kidding ourselves all month?

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The God's of Football may well love us, at the moment.
But we all know there is only one true, pure, footballing God, and his name is Chris.

There's no way we were going to win promotion at the AMEX when Chris Hughton was in a position to ram it down Norwich's throats.

Naturally it'll have to be done in the subtext, just like the home game against them.
Chris will say all the right things, will applaud the Norwich fans, but my 6 fingered friends just remember:-

de-0311-816123-front.jpg

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'm sorry, I'm not going to go all boro just because we're 'this close' to gaining promotion to the premier league(formally the Mickey Mouse League...MML...but we're nearly there so growing up). I will remain humble and supportive. It will be nice for Mr Hughton against his former employers to seal the double for promotion but not at the expense of losing respect from an increasing social media following.
We are a nice club with nice supporters, so keep it real

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Train ticket bought, match ticket safely tucked away and a hotel is booked.

Norwich has the potential to be a very messy weekend.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I popped online for a bit of FPS gaming, and shared the joy of my football evening. Another fan joked that the first thing we need to do after promotion is get rid of Hughton. I laughed, he clearly wants to poach him.

But no, wait, he was actually being serious. He's a ****ing Norwich fan and is sure Hughton isn't good enough to manage in the PL :facepalm:

Now I know the PL will be a big challenge for promoted teams, and there's a decent chance we'd be relegated, but **** a duck.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I popped online for a bit of FPS gaming, and shared the joy of my football evening. Another fan joked that the first thing we need to do after promotion is get rid of Hughton. I laughed, he clearly wants to poach him.

But no, wait, he was actually being serious. He's a ****ing Norwich fan and is sure Hughton isn't good enough to manage in the PL :facepalm:

Now I know the PL will be a big challenge for promoted teams, and there's a decent chance we'd be relegated, but **** a duck.
The fella has 2 options double down or admit being wrong on a t"internet message board.

We all know how hard the latter can be.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

Well anyone that isn't slightly worried by that doesn't know anything about Hughton's history in management. In particular, his tactical inflexibility has cost him in the top league previously, as it has in games at the level we're currently at. Luckily for us all, he's amassed a squad at this level which is good enough to go up in spite of that. He won't have that luxury when we go up so he'll have to be smarter tactically, and that is the test.

Still, if he gets us promoted, he deserves a season in the Prem with us whether we lose all our games or not up there, and I'll support him for that achievement until the board decide he needs to leave, whether that's next season or beyond.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Well anyone that isn't slightly worried by that doesn't know anything about Hughton's history in management. In particular, his tactical inflexibility has cost him in the top league previously, as it has in games at the level we're currently at. Luckily for us all, he's amassed a squad at this level which is good enough to go up in spite of that. He won't have that luxury when we go up so he'll have to be smarter tactically, and that is the test.

Still, if he gets us promoted, he deserves a season in the Prem with us whether we lose all our games or not up there, and I'll support him for that achievement until the board decide he needs to leave, whether that's next season or beyond.

Good of you to grant the he "deserves a season in the premiership"! We know next year won't be easy. It wouldn't be easy for ANY manager. History shows that sacking Hughton at Norwich and Newcastle didn't show him up as a bad manager at all. It is possible that his tactics at Norwich were a bit negative, but he had to do the best with what he had. Next year we have to accept that we may struggle. However even if the worst happened we would have parachute payments to go up again and to put us on a long term more stable footing. We should all be hoping Hughton stays regardless and that the board will back him long term.

- and for christs sake let's enjoy what we have this season thanks to Chris and Tony!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

I bet you're a barrel of laughs at a party.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
his tactical inflexibility has cost him in the top league previously, as it has in games at the level we're currently at. Luckily for us all, he's amassed a squad at this level which is good enough to go up in spite of that
:lol: There are plenty of good squads in the Championship, but Hughton has got ours playing better than the opposition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here