Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex vs Kent CCC First Game

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
No posts about this and I'm not surprised as it is APRIL, the ECB clearly want to destroy County Cricket.

Anyway Kent won the toss and are 41-1, wheel loose obviously...

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I'm not trying to tempt fate here, but the Sussex squad looks great this season. Rawlins, Evans and Van Zyl are a huge upgrade on last years middle order. Philander is a great bowler and will help boost the first months of the season (he goes at the end of June, doesn't he?). Our bowling attack was already strong before his arrival! Will also be interesting to see how many county championship games Joyce plays now he's prioritising Irish games.

No Magoffin for this game. So Shahzad comes in, but he's looked good in practice games!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
And we have Jofra Archer, who I'm certain will become a world class bowler.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Live on-line ball-by-ball commentary from Radio Sussex too. Is this a special treat for today, or is it going to be a regular thing through the season?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Live on-line ball-by-ball commentary from Radio Sussex too. Is this a special treat for today, or is it going to be a regular thing through the season?

I remember listening to 4 county championship games last season when I discovered it's online existence!. Hopefully it is regular!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
In On the Buses Blakey Mode: I 'ate You Darren Stevens

Jesus wept he must be in his sixties by now and still racking up runs against us... :nono:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Kent all out for 304. Archer with 7 wickets!

Archer looks a real real talent. he's the best of the young players coming through.

Good to see shahzad fit too.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I see that our batting is still as top class as ever

70-5. Will we save the follow-on?

The only hope is that Delray Rawlins turns out to be brilliant and that Luke Wright's irresponsible 20 runs in 13 balls can be kept going for a bit longer than we all think will happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here