Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - where to buy decent bed.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
We bought a bed a couple of years ago.
We went into bensons and they have a machine thing that varies the firmness of the mattress and shows you where you need most support and displays it on a screen.
I have to say, probably the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in.
Worked out about £800 if I remember for a king size

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Looking to change bed so obviously the place to get opinions is NSC.

Looking at a decent bed/mattress (we spend approx 1/3 of our life in bed, so why go cheap). Any suggestions in terms of make and retailers?

Thanks.

I keep seeing adverts for Simba beds, they look good.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
http://www.brighton-beds.co.uk/

Bought me and Mrs Badgers first and then replacement bed here. We still have the old one in the spare room and it is going strong after 11 years.
They are independent so will give good advice and also keep the money in the local economy etc. Nice family business and they couldn't be more helpful.

Also got our kids bunk beds from here and they are amazing quality compared to the chain places we looked at.

Been away on holiday this week and it makes me appreciate how good our bed at home is. I think they make their own mattress and ours was called the Arundel and I think they all have local names.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
http://www.brighton-beds.co.uk/

Bought me and Mrs Badgers first and then replacement bed here. We still have the old one in the spare room and it is going strong after 11 years.
They are independent so will give good advice and also keep the money in the local economy etc. Nice family business and they couldn't be more helpful.

Also got our kids bunk beds from here and they are amazing quality compared to the chain places we looked at.

Been away on holiday this week and it makes me appreciate how good our bed at home is. I think they make their own mattress and ours was called the Arundel and I think they all have local names.

+1 for these guys. I have bought several beds from them over the years, and friends have bought from there on my recommendation. Always comfortable, long-lasting, and very good price too as a bonus.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
You could do a lot worse than buying a Premier inn bed from their website. Specially made for them by Hypnos.
I've stayed in many and the beds are always really comfortable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I carried out a window survey on an Edwardian Grange on Monday near Watford, house and grounds are priced at about £15 million.
Owner and his wife are in Bahamas at the moment but the master bedroom had a massive mahogany four poster, and a mattress about 20 inches deep.
I said to the site agent that I had never seen such a thick mattress and he told me the mattress was brand new and delivered last week,
the cost........£18,000.

Do you want me to find out where they got it from?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Ikea. Best best I've ever slept in. You buy the frame, and get a choice of five different mattresses, depending on how firm you want it to be.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I have had a super King frame bed for years, I have recently changed it for a king size divan, it is so much more comfortable and solid, I would not have a frame bed again, it's a full ottoman too so lots of storage.
The mattress is a very personal choice depending on your needs and there are loads to choose from.
Ours retailed at £3000 but we got it for £800 because my sister in law works for a furniture magazine in Battle, but you can get very good ones for far less than 3k.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Millbrook mattresses are fab.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here