Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good luck from Argyle

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
A big weekend ahead for both our clubs.

We'll try our best to put Pompey to bed today but all the very best of luck to our Seagulls friends for later :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003

We'll try our best to put Pompey to bed today but all the very best of luck to our Seagulls friends for later :thumbsup:

Hello you, long time no see etc!!

I sincerely hope you beat those #twats, though I'm disappointed to admit they look pretty much set for promotion too. Never mind Leeds- Newcastle, that's a proper old clash in League Two today :)

Good luck (and thanks!!) :wave:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

We'll try our best to put Pompey to bed today but all the very best of luck to our Seagulls friends for later [emoji106]
Likewise.

GreenArmy!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A proper club. I remember fondly our promotion day, up on your hill, many years ago. Emotional.

And - cheers!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I was going to create a thread this morning about your game this morning to wish you good luck! Yeah it does look like those #twats will be promoted but can you make sure you finish above them at least? :lolol:

Good luck next season in league 1 too (I think it's safe to say your up). Hopefully you'll do what we did and go straight through league 1 and get promoted to the Championship where you belong :clap:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
Imagine a day when Argyle and Albion are in the Premier League. That would be a real wow.

Good luck.

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Hello you, long time no see etc!!

I sincerely hope you beat those #twats, though I'm disappointed to admit they look pretty much set for promotion too. Never mind Leeds- Newcastle, that's a proper old clash in League Two today :)

Good luck (and thanks!!) :wave:
Yep, it's a sell out, as you'd expect for a dockyard derby.

League 2 clubs are going to miss our respective revenue generation next season...without of course taking anything for granted :hilton:.

They've been bigging themselves up on our messageboards about the former Disney director about to take over. I don't think they've fully thought through the implications of accepting outside ownership again given their history of administrations. Whilst celebrating the impending investment they also didn't consider that this would now make their 'Mickey Mouse club' status official :tosser:

Anyhoots, just to ensure I get it right...is it a win PLUS Huddersfield not winning that sends you up, or is it simply bettering their result?

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
I was going to create a thread this morning about your game this morning to wish you good luck! Yeah it does look like those #twats will be promoted but can you make sure you finish above them at least? :lolol:

Good luck next season in league 1 too (I think it's safe to say your up). Hopefully you'll do what we did and go straight through league 1 and get promoted to the Championship where you belong :clap:
Cheers mate, we're not up 'til we're up, but that's the plan. I think the celebrations after the last minute winner at Crawley on Saturday belied a subconscious acceptance that whilst the cork is still in the champagne bottle, the tin foil is off and the wire cage has been unscrewed. Everything is crossed now.

The sober truth onwards from here is we won't breeze through L1 as we are embarked on a 'sustainable growth' model. Whilst the £1M from the Liverpool games, some good work in the transfer market and Connor Hourihane's sell on clause maturing have made sustainability a bit easier, we will still be slowly slowly catchy monkey.

P*mpey on the other hand it seems are taking the 'external investment' route again...what could possibly go wrong with that :whistle:

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
You can still win the league. Plesse try hard as i have an Albion Argyle double.

Green Army!
Sorry buddy, that's gone, its over, finito. It looked good beating the champions elect on their patch... but the curse of 'typical Argo' struck next game at home to Accrington Stanley. It's been our achilles heel all season, beating the also-rans at home. Thank god for record breaking away form.

If you can cash in, do so, we won't catch Donny.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Cheers mate, we're not up 'til we're up, but that's the plan. I think the celebrations after the last minute winner at Crawley on Saturday belied a subconscious acceptance that whilst the cork is still in the champagne bottle, the tin foil is off and the wire cage has been unscrewed. Everything is crossed now.

Funny, same seemed to happen with us at QPR last week. We went from all bricking it, to looking at our position as other, outsiders would: i.e. that we really should do it now.

Assume you have a home game on Monday...obviously a win today would be huge, but in some respects it's nice to do it in front of your home fans. I'd be happy with that if we do it that way this weekend :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Both Argle and Pompey are big clubs and glad they're going up, hopefully in that order. Enjoy your Promotion. Green Army!

Sorry buddy, that's gone, its over, finito. It looked good beating the champions elect on their patch... but the curse of 'typical Argo' struck next game at home to Accrington Stanley. It's been our achilles heel all season, beating the also-rans at home. Thank god for record breaking away form.

If you can cash in, do so, we won't catch Donny.

You wait, I'll bounce this in a coulple of weeks.

Sadly my bet was a yankee, with Arsenal and Bradford so you are my only hope of securing a win double. I did have the same with promotion/champs league as a kinda each way option. With us up and Bradford in the plays offs I have a shot at getting 3. Sadly Palace put paid to any grander ideas on Monday!

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Funny, same seemed to happen with us at QPR last week. We went from all bricking it, to looking at our position as other, outsiders would: i.e. that we really should do it now.

Assume you have a home game on Monday...obviously a win today would be huge, but in some respects it's nice to do it in front of your home fans. I'd be happy with that if we do it that way this weekend :)
Albion fully utilise home advantage, you are rightly confident at home. We on the other hand are not, it would be 'squeeky bum time'.

The 'law of typical Argo' was passed down from my father, as it was from his father...when Argyle are expected to lose, they win, and when they're expected to win, they lose. Today if we're honest should be a struggle, they're in good form. Using the law of typical Argo as a guide however i'm reasonably confident.

Monday however we are at home to Newport County, second bottom of the entire football league, using the same law, forget it.

Last season our automatic promotion chances took a huge boost winning away to Pompey during the run in...next game up was already relegated Dagenham and Redbridge, you can guess the rest :facepalm:

So, Kingcole, once you've cashed out of that double put your house on Newport County winning on Monday.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep, it's a sell out, as you'd expect for a dockyard derby.

League 2 clubs are going to miss our respective revenue generation next season...without of course taking anything for granted :hilton:.

They've been bigging themselves up on our messageboards about the former Disney director about to take over. I don't think they've fully thought through the implications of accepting outside ownership again given their history of administrations. Whilst celebrating the impending investment they also didn't consider that this would now make their 'Mickey Mouse club' status official :tosser:

Anyhoots, just to ensure I get it right...is it a win PLUS Huddersfield not winning that sends you up, or is it simply bettering their result?

This is a joke that needs to be told by a yorkshireman:

What's the difference between Michael Foot and Walt Disney (when they were alive).

Michael Foot supports the Argyl.........

And Walt Disney.

I'll get me coat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here