Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toon v Leeds 19:45 - Who is more MASSIVE? (no Massive?)

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
With apologies to Michael Palin, they are both...

"ABSOLUTELY HUGE. Gosh! We're all pretty impressed down here I can tell you".

Aside from that, I thought that no-one was more MASSIVE than Sheffield Wednesday. So they are both tiny by comparison.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
The title race may come down to goal difference, and Newcastle's defence was all over the place at Hillsborough. Add the increased level of expectation at St James', I expect the barcodes to buckle, so I'll go for 0-3.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Let us not forget Leeds were once CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE and had anyone had the balls to take them on they would also have been WORLD CHAMPIONS several times over.

Clearly the most MASSIVE team ever, but also generous in that they have taken on an extended Sabbatical and declined to win anything for the last 25 years.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The very thought that both these MASSIVE football clubs competing in the tin pot championship sends shivers down my spine, I'm gonna miss them when they both go up!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Well SSN just described this match as the biggest this division has to offer as they are the only two clubs in the division to have played Champions League football :facepalm:

They also keep stating that Brighton are trying to reach the Premier League for the first time in our history. Ok, technically correct but FFS Sky, FOOTBALL EXISTED BEFORE 1992 :rant:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Sky sports news this morning posing the following question to Gary Monk

'Is this the biggest game in this division ever'

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Sky sports news this morning posing the following question to Gary Monk

'Is this the biggest game in this division ever'
I saw that as well. Must be if Sky say so. There again they have a TV program to sell.
Interesting that CH has booked a table at a certain restaurant for 4:00 Sunday. Are we all invited?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Let us not forget Leeds were once CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE and had anyone had the balls to take them on they would also have been WORLD CHAMPIONS several times over.

Clearly the most MASSIVE team ever, but also generous in that they have taken on an extended Sabbatical and declined to win anything for the last 25 years.
I wonder who gets most confused when Forest play Dirty and they get their "Champions of Europe, you'll never sing that..." chant out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Well SSN just described this match as the biggest this division has to offer as they are the only two clubs in the division to have played Champions League football :facepalm:

They also keep stating that Brighton are trying to reach the Premier League for the first time in our history. Ok, technically correct but FFS Sky, FOOTBALL EXISTED BEFORE 1992 :rant:

Bit dismissive of the two (I think?) clubs in the Championship who actually WON the European Cup by virtue of winning the English League title, as opposed to competing unsuccessfully in its commercially rebranded successor as a result of finishing second or third in the top flight.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I thought Dirty Leeds were always Champions of Europe, surely they were awarded it in perpetuity?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Bit dismissive of the two (I think?) clubs in the Championship who actually WON the European Cup by virtue of winning the English League title, as opposed to competing unsuccessfully in its commercially rebranded successor as a result of finishing second or third in the top flight.

Although, in fairness to their Massivenesses, I'd probably rather watch Newcastle v Leeds than a Forest v Villa match. Actually, I'd probably rather watch the weeds grow in my back garden than that.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
It's funny, because- on the basis that UEFA don't recognise the Inter City Fairs Cup as a major trophy, Ipswich Town and Aberdeen have won more in Europe than both The Leeds United and Newcastle.

Though Newcastle do have an Anglo-Italian Cup AND the InterToto Cup in their glittering trophy cabinet, so we should all respect them more for that.

*Note to passing Geordies/ professional Yorkshiremen: it's a JOKE, I am well aware that our trophy cabinet is generally emptier than Ann Widdecombe's Tinder page.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
There is an article in today's Mail about them -'Two Giants Reborn'. It says that the first thing you see when driving into Leeds from the west is Elland Road, and similarly St James' Park when entering Newcastle from the south. How different are these two to Brighton. Blink and you would miss the Amex. So we just stay under the radar and out of the public eye getting the job done - ground, manager and chairman. That will do for me.

WhingForPresident

Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I would welcome a win for the eternal Champions of Europe tonight but I really, really hope they lose in the play-off finals.

On penalties.
After leading 3-0 with 10 mins to go.
Against Huddersfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here