Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pics I took at BHAFC v Notts Forest in 1980.....

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I found these pics I took at our home match at the Goldstone v Notts Forest in 1980......just thought they were worth sharing as it is how so many of us grew up watching The Albion. Stood on a milk crate on the East Stand with my Dad. Wire fences topped with spikes all around the ground......happy days .....

fullsizeoutput_7a92.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_7a8f.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_7a90.jpeg

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
And wearing a Parka.

It's certainly how I started watching. The front of the East Terrace was so low relative to the pitch level that a crate was essential unless you were happy with a worm's eye view.

Hammernet

Jun 4, 2016
Brighton
First and only post, but that's me in the top picture with the scarf over my shoulders, parka and bowl haircut (rock 'n' roll). My dad is behind me in the hat, unfortunately never to see Falmer and experience the delights of a roof. No milk crate for me, a home-made box with legs which were cut down every August to ensure I was no taller than my Dad's 5 ft 8! I might have outgrown the box by then as I was 11. Happy days indeed.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Must get a magnifying glass out to see me in the North Stand .

Lego-Stand

Nov 6, 2003
Nice photos thanks,I'm trying to work out who the 2 players are in last shot. I bet someone on here will know :bowdown:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Fabulous pictures.

How easy it to forget the allegedly 'good ol' days'.

We have come such a long, long way and now we have almost arrived....what a journey !

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
That must have been post fire in the South Stand. I don't remember it looking like that for long.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Nice photos thanks,I'm trying to work out who the 2 players are in last shot. I bet someone on here will know :bowdown:

I wrote on the back of that photo that it was Ian Wallace (Forest) and John Gregory (BHAFC).

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
The game when Gary Williams scores at the South end from 25 yards against Peter Shilton?

No - that was another season as I was in the South Stand for that an will never forget watching that screamer hit the back of the net!!!!

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
No - that was another season as I was in the South Stand for that an will never forget watching that screamer hit the back of the net!!!!

Was that the goal that was on the MOTD opening? I remember being there.
Great photos.
That East terrace held a lot of memories for me.
Every christmas I was given one of those hand warmers that burnt charcoal to take with me.
First place I ever ate a take away pie!
That surge when we scored, when you were lifted off your feet.
Police horse that looked massive to a 11 year old boy.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Oh my god. I think this was the first Albion match I was taken to by my dear departed dad. It was the start of a love that will never end for me. Not sure what I would do without Albion. Through divorce and illness and the general troubles of life the Albion has always been there and this was the start. Thanks for sharing the photos, brought back memories of my first match and my dad on a day when I will be wishing he was with me at Wolves today.

11th October 1980. Three days before my birthday, it was my birthday present to go. The best one I've ever had I think.

Pretty sure Ian Wallace scored the only goal. I was in the South Stand. The starter for many a young Albion fan I suspect.

I may frame the picture you have taken of the South Stand. If you have any more I'd love to see them.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I have got a few more of these but they are only facing the West Stand with players and wire fence obstructing the view in them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Hiney will be along with the programme for the game and all relevant information shortly, I'm sure!

Was Wardy playing for Forest in that game, if so didn't he score the winner against us?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here