Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arrests made at QPR after 2nd goal celebrations .....

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Does anybody know somebody who has received an email from the club banning them until further investigations have been made (no charges were brought) ? I'm sure the club can do this but maybe a touch over zealous for celebrating a goal ?

It's not me before I'm hung, drawn and quartered (by words).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
Three or four fans were ejected for going onto the pitch (or rather over the barrier because i'm not sure they actually made the pitch) after the goals.
NB: i was in the front row so saw the stewards getting to grips with em.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
If this is true, it's an utter joke and total injustice. Everyone loved the scenes, Sky cameras loved it, the players loved it, the fans loved it! Parts of the away end is virtually on the pitch anyway, loftus road is that small.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I thought they just fell over the barriers whilst celebrating

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Does anybody know somebody who has received an email from the club banning them until further investigations have been made (no charges were brought) ? I'm sure the club can do this but maybe a touch over zealous for celebrating a goal ?

It is what they do I'm afraid regardless of whether any charges arise. They will miss the rest of the season unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I stepped on the track at Leeds when Ulloa scored a few seasons back and got evicted. Thankfully a kind and sensible Sussex Policeman saw the whole incident and managed to placate the steward involved who was asking him to arrest me. I think stewards should be trained to expect a little bit of excitement at certain matches and just deal with them in a more restrained way. That goal at QPR felt like "the one" that secured promotion. Not all goals are the same and when players breach the stands or at least run to the front of a stand it is hardly surprising if fans rush to the front and some go over the barrier in the melee. It is harmless fun.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

So do you know that people have been banned or are you asking if people have?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
A lot of Stewards (not all) are bouncers in high viz jackets. At QPR someone threw a blue streamer on the pitch and they tried to muscle him out - police just laughed at the Steward really.

Last edited:

I was in row C almost directly in line with the chap that was kicked out. I'm preaching to those with knowledge here but the set up at QPR is very differnet to most clubs. This chap was in the front row. The excitement of the goal did make us all reach forward, especially as the players came over to the stand to celebrate.

It looked to me like this chap just got caught up with the moment and somehow ended the other side of what is no more than a thigh high barrier. The moment he realised where he was you could see the only place he wanted to be was back in the stands, however, he didnt have a chance. The stewards were on him in seconds.

He never encroached the field of play, which here is itself a testomony to him as there really is very little space between the stands and the field of play. He also clearly had no intention of being on the field of play.

It could have been any one of us, and although I would like to think I may have tried a fair bit harder not to end up the wrong side, I wouldn't be able to guarantee it. The chap didn't help himself when tackled by said stewards. If he hadn't resisted then it would have looked less of an incident.

Winding back a couple of months something very similar happened at Brentford. Goal score, celebreation, young lad ends up on the wrong side. Almost identical. In this case the chap didn't physically resist the steward although he argued his point well verbally. He was taken away and 5 minutes later was allowed to return. It just shows how things can be done properly and without potnetially ruining someones life.

What's totally disgusting is if it's true the club are preventing him from going to games 'pending' the outcome of this investigation. I fully get it needs to be investigated but this is full blown punishment without trial.

For this chap to miss these next two defining games must be heart breaking. I for one would rather spend a few weeks in nick that miss these games and I'm sure it's the same for many others. In an age when burgulars get a few hours community service, one may serve only months for killing someone with a car, I think it's wholly OTT to wreck someones dreams over such an innocent incident that harmed no one.

I hope the club see sense and at the very least give this chap the benefit until their invesigations are concluded. Unless he was on a dodgy ticket, he is clearly blue and white through and through, a season ticket holder and an attendee of away games. The clubs first agenda should be to reach out and ask him what happened.

I'd like to point out I don't know the chap, didn't recognise him and have no idea of his name and these words are written purely as a close by witness. I will happily make a statement to this effect in any invesitgation the club see's fit.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I was in row C almost directly in line with the chap that was kicked out. I'm preaching to those with knowledge here but the set up at QPR is very differnet to most clubs. This chap was in the front row. The excitement of the goal did make us all reach forward, especially as the players came over to the stand to celebrate.

It looked to me like this chap just got caught up with the moment and somehow ended the other side of what is no more than a thigh high barrier. The moment he realised where he was you could see the only place he wanted to be was back in the stands, however, he didnt have a chance. The stewards were on him in seconds.

He never encroached the field of play, which here is itself a testomony to him as there really is very little space between the stands and the field of play. He also clearly had no intention of being on the field of play.

It could have been any one of us, and although I would like to think I may have tried a fair bit harder not to end up the wrong side, I wouldn't be able to guarantee it. The chap didn't help himself when tackled by said stewards. If he hadn't resisted then it would have looked less of an incident.

Winding back a couple of months something very similar happened at Brentford. Goal score, celebreation, young lad ends up on the wrong side. Almost identical. In this case the chap didn't physically resist the steward although he argued his point well verbally. He was taken away and 5 minutes later was allowed to return. It just shows how things can be done properly and without potnetially ruining someones life.

What's totally disgusting is if it's true the club are preventing him from going to games 'pending' the outcome of this investigation. I fully get it needs to be investigated but this is full blown punishment without trial.

For this chap to miss these next two defining games must be heart breaking. I for one would rather spend a few weeks in nick that miss these games and I'm sure it's the same for many others. In an age when burgulars get a few hours community service, one may serve only months for killing someone with a car, I think it's wholly OTT to wreck someones dreams over such an innocent incident that harmed no one.

I hope the club see sense and at the very least give this chap the benefit until their invesigations are concluded. Unless he was on a dodgy ticket, he is clearly blue and white through and through, a season ticket holder and an attendee of away games. The clubs first agenda should be to reach out and ask him what happened.

I'd like to point out I don't know the chap, didn't recognise him and have no idea of his name and these words are written purely as a close by witness. I will happily make a statement to this effect in any invesitgation the club see's fit.

Being a football fan is the only crime where you're presumed guilty and must prove your innocence. Fans moved on from the 70s and 80s a long time ago but the authorities are stuck in a time warp of their own making and have never been able to lose the 'they're all pissed up violent scum to be treated like cattle' mindset. Complete over reaction like you said.

Tony the Pony

Jul 7, 2003
Littlehampton

I was in row D, and the incident was right in front of me. I completely agree with the post above, and again would make a statement to that effect if needed.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
A few years ago same thing happened to me at Luton, at the front and pushed through a gap in the hoardings. Went to court twice, pleaded not guilty both times and then they just dropped it. Never heard a word from the club about it though.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

I was in row D, and the incident was right in front of me. I completely agree with the post above, and again would make a statement to that effect if needed.
[MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION]
The club needs to talk to these guys as part of the investigation.
Hopefully this can be resolved before Monday.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
[MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION]
The club needs to talk to these guys as part of the investigation.
Hopefully this can be resolved before Monday.

The OP hasn't actually said that anyone is banned. He asked if anyone has heard from the club. I'm not actually sure if there is any issue here yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here