Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Thursday-but-feels-like-a-Friday-night drinking thread

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Well?

A rather pleasing French viognier for me.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good shout, was just about to kick off this thread ! Kir Royale made with dry Spanish cava and a particularity tart English cassis. Very nice.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Tonight was going to be a non-drinking night as it feels like I've been on it for a fair few days in a row, and tomorrow night will be another heavy one.

However, 15 minutes ago I remembered I had a rather nice Desi Biyar with my lunch in Chilli Pickle so thought "**** it" and cracked open the only cold drink in the house - a Corona. What I'm sure is a rather magnificent/expensive red is next in my sights. I know it will be spectacular as [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] left it here.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
3 big bottles - Cobra, Estrella and Coors, 3 for a fiver at Tesco. Cheers!

(And a Chinese box meal from sainsburys, highly recommended)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Barista, 2016 pinotage.

Tastes like coffee. But its wine. Good times :wave:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I was going to save my alcohol liberties until tomorrow, but couldn't resist. I've fell in love with cider of late and I need to be more disciplined. As I have just finished the cans I picked up on the way home. I shall behave myself until tomorrow now... That is until my house hunting escapades are over with about lunchtime ish anyway :D

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Work dry tonight and light showering of Punk tomorrow with increase chance of beer Saturday evening. Monday lunch full storm through to late on.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
A flat Diet Coke that I just found in the fridge. I hope it's not a metaphor for the match tomorrow.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The Grub has invented a cocktail called a Toxic Calypso. It's rum based and very nice. I'm expecting a top up very soon.

21c9daddc54923ef9b0264075d232a68.jpg

In fact, she posted this on Facebook just before I drained the glass.

8e013f9c42f3b85bfc90f40dea75a7fe.jpg

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Haha. The Grub thought I might nail that one pretty quickly (Mastermind is our traditional Friday cocktails game)

48916c7d45b893d8234391284277647a.jpg

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Tonight was going to be a non-drinking night as it feels like I've been on it for a fair few days in a row, and tomorrow night will be another heavy one.

However, 15 minutes ago I remembered I had a rather nice Desi Biyar with my lunch in Chilli Pickle so thought "**** it" and cracked open the only cold drink in the house - a Corona. What I'm sure is a rather magnificent/expensive red is next in my sights. I know it will be spectacular as [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] left it here.

You will of course have remembered that I told you that that one needed at least 60-90 mins open to breathe before you drink it. It's pretty tannic, and if you drink it straight after opening you'll have a mouth like a duck's arse....

Oh.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You will of course have remembered that I told you that that one needed at least 60-90 mins open to breathe before you drink it. It's pretty tannic, and if you drink it straight after opening you'll have a mouth like a duck's arse....

Oh.

I've just been reminded of that. The second glass will have breathed for a bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here