Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Punishment" for the pitch invaders?

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Following on from the LONG thread about it, got me wondering just how much the club plan to enforce punishments.

The nature of a pitch invasion, should it happen, will be extremely good natured, over very quickly and be an overriding feeling of excitement and joy after many years of heart ache.

So... with that in mind, would TB, a life long albion fan who understand it all, really be in favour of actually banning good natured fans that pour onto the pitch to celebrate for a few minutes? Im not planning to go on myself with my children but i really feel sorry for the ones that do that now have this club statement in the back of their minds.

If so, what are they likely to dish out as punishment does anyone know?> Would it be signing a good behaviour promise or actually banned from attending for a few home games? or even worse a whole season? Surely not?

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I sit front row and as much as I would love to run on, I probably won't. I'll have my little lad with me and would love to run on with him on my shoulders and do a little dance, but he's a bit too big for my shoulders now (totally would've been on in the palace playoff) but we'll see.

Something my mate mentioned to me earlier today is that as we are front row, we may have no choice but to go on the pitch to get out of the way of the North stand horde behind us hurling themselves over seats! :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Realistically you'd think that somebody who has sauntered onto the pitch AFTER the final whistle, amongst hundreds of others, and who then returns to the stands quietly when asked to do so, has very, very little* chance of any problems.

There could be a few who manage to get themselves into bother though, for sure:

The ones who are DESPERATE to be first onto the pitch, and do so when the ref gives a free kick in injury time. They'll have YOU on camera.

The one's grabbed by a zealous steward TRYING to do the impossible job he's paid for, who instead of accepting that and returning to the stands, tries to fight the steward off -they'll throw the book at YOU.

If you're not a ****, I'd imagine you have little to worry about.

*That said, you could be good as gold, and just get plain unlucky. If it happens, no doubt we'll hear all about the unfairness of it all, ad infinitum, despite all the warnings.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
All offenders will be made to wear farrah trousers and have their sweaters tied around their shoulders , no way i'm risking that shit .

ih02f6.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If I were Barbara I'd ban all the invaders from the first home game next season.

Then I could resell their seats, at a huge mark up, to the JCL's all wanting to watch Utd or 'Pool.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I hope they tell the stewards exactly what is expected of them. There were a couple of stewards at Lincoln who were extremely violent to Lincoln fans, 1,000's pouring onto the pitch and two stewards attacking whoever they could to try and stop them.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Aren't promotion, cup, giant killing pitch invasions supposed to be spur of the moment, joyous occasion. ??? Let's just get on with it and see what happens as this will turn out to be a damp squib.
We've had our times of planned , determined and meaningful pitch invasions, just let it, and the emotion flow.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We may well be waiting on the Derby v Huddersfield result on Monday, so an invasion in that case would look a little too 'Reading' :shrug:

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
There WILL be a pitch invasion and Tony, Paul, Chris and the players will love it. They are purely covering their own backs. They know it will happen.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Let's be honest, it's gonna happen.

BUT, I can see just one or two people being nabbed out of the crowd and given life banning orders or whatever. Completely unfair if you just happen to be within headlock distance of a steward of course and these folk will scream blue murder.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
For those of us that supported Brighton through '97 this is almost like completing football. It's a dream come true. I'd be amazed if the vast majority of that crowd didn't go onto the pitch come full time, regardless of the consequences.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here