Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huge Dilemma

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
So the date is April 29th 2017, it's The Albions last home game of the season and in all probability a promotion party should be in full swing............but it's also my rugby team (of which I'm captain) finest hour as we feature in the County Cup final, and at my age possibly my last chance to lift some silverware.
I'm also top scorer, and have helped coach the team all season, a team created out of nothing at the start of this season from a load of complete newbies and some seasoned old vets, to say I'm proud of what we've achieved would be an understatement.
So what do I do ? I love the Albion but a cup final is a cup final ?
NSC help me decide !

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Got to be your cup final, very different of those who have a choice between watching a rugby match or two blokes hitting each other.

Is it local enough to win the cup and then shoot down to the Amex as its a late ko

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You play the cup final, don't let your team mates down and pass your ticket onto a deserving Albion fan. If you miss out on the promotion party. it's your own fault for playing with the wrong shape balls.

Shorehamkid

Aug 3, 2011
You are asking this on a Brighton & Hove Albion forum, the answer from the masses is obvious. Much like if you asked the same question on a rugby forum...

For what my opinion is worth, and that's generally not much, I'd go to the football. The cup final will be great but pale into insignificance as the years go by in comparison to the final home league game of this campaign.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You have to play the final. I coach a rugby team and would love to be young enough to play again. Take your chances while you're young ... the Albion will play other big matches, you may not.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
So the date is April 29th 2017, it's The Albions last home game of the season and in all probability a promotion party should be in full swing............but it's also my rugby team (of which I'm captain) finest hour as we feature in the County Cup final, and at my age possibly my last chance to lift some silverware.
I'm also top scorer, and have helped coach the team all season, a team created out of nothing at the start of this season from a load of complete newbies and some seasoned old vets, to say I'm proud of what we've achieved would be an understatement.
So what do I do ? I love the Albion but a cup final is a cup final ?
NSC help me decide !

:drama:

This does rather smack of a "look at me I'm marvellous" thread.

Of course you should play. You'll be letting nobody down if you miss the Albion.

Good luck in the final.

PG

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Got to be your cup final, very different of those who have a choice between watching a rugby match or two blokes hitting each other.

Is it local enough to win the cup and then shoot down to the Amex as its a late ko

5:30 kick off at the Amex. Is both do-able ?

It's being played at Uckfield 2.30 KO provided no extra time is needed....it's possible, dependant on the length of time the official stuff after takes.
But if we win there's a lot of drinking to be done, in keeping with rugby tradition ....plus the club have layed on a coach to take us there and back.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You have to PLAY.

Can't let down your team-mates.

TEAM.

(then rush down the Amex after)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's being played at Uckfield 2.30 KO provided no extra time is needed....it's possible, dependant on the length of time the official stuff after takes.
But if we win there's a lot of drinking to be done, in keeping with rugby tradition ....plus the club have layed on a coach to take us there and back.

Ah, right - so actually there's NO DILEMMA whatsoever.

If you'd genuinely like to do both, then you take your own car to the rugby (or wife drives you), play the match, rush to the Amex when you can, then re-join your rugby mates in the evening.

Don't play = letting down your team-mates hugely.
Not drinking after, with good reason = not letting down anybody.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here