Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
keep_off_the_pitch.JPG

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Club captain Bruno commented, "Regardless of the outcome of our final two matches, the players and staff want to say thank you to all of our supporters, young and old, wherever they sit in the stadium, by walking around the pitch after the match. If supporters are on the pitch, this will not be possible."

Manager Chris Hughton added, "I hope all our supporters will respect the wishes of the staff and players - and also our security staff, whose job it is to keep everyone in the stadium safe - by staying
off the pitch at all times, including the end of the game, regardless of how our season finishes."

We would like to ask all fans to respect this request of the club, staff and players, and also to work with our safety and stewarding staff at both remaining matches this season.

It's also important for us to point out that it remains an offence to enter the field of play, at any time, and this could result in arrest and exclusion from the stadium.

If we are in a position to celebrate, and with the prospect of Premier League football to watch, we really do not want to have the occasion spoiled in any way or to be in a position where we may have to issue bans to supporters for next season.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I am with the club on this, stay off the pitch and celebrate from your seat.

Apologies if thats dull but I want to see the players and staff walk around the pitch and be able to applaud them properly.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton

Apologies if thats dull but I want to see the players and staff walk around the pitch and be able to appluad them properly.

Players and staff walk around and applaud fans at the last home game. What about Wigan when promotion could be confirmed?

On the pitch! On the pitch! On the pitch!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Apologies if thats dull but I want to see the players and staff walk around the pitch and be able to applaud them properly.

No chance some folk will stay off. Just hope they have their moment them get off quick, for the players to come back out.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick

Me too, and I am not running down from WSU to get on pitch!!!!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Public statements and expectations are two very different things.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

I won't be able to get on the pitch from the East Upper, and I too want to see the players walk around. Surely they could do that after a pitch invasion though? Fans running on and cheering for 5 minutes wouldn't be the end of the world.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
ridiculous from Barber. True suit lacking the feel of a real fan.

All about Control.

No one is going to be digging the pitch up. It will be people in mainly trainers for less than 30 minutes. The grounds men wouldn't have a problem sorting that.

As for the threat of exclusion .... shame on you !!

Crazy to even put this out when we've waited nearly 40 years for this and many close to the current supporters no longer alive.

On the pitch and celebrate. Bloody stiffs !!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

You will be able to, about 10 minutes later! :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here