Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NYC Hotels

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
My turn for NYC help. I go to NYC a lot but not a billy bigshyt thread. My family live in various parts of the US so that's why I go regularly.

BUT, usually I stay with my mate Shaun (who owns Foleys) but he's got a lad's house (a shythole). Or my sister's place but I'm on her latest list for 'not speaking to'.

So as I am taking my wife for her 2nd visit, I need hotel recommendations please. Didn't realise how bloody expensive they are there. Taking the piss just slightly. I know a few on here have been recently so any advice would be great.

Thanks, Mac.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What do you define as taking the piss? Or what is your budget?

Personally I think NY lacks good hotels, so I go for the right balance of location / reviews / price. I stayed at Hilton Double Tree Chelsea the other week, was about $160 per night, good location, clean etc.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We went last year and stayed in the Holiday Inn, in Lower Manhatten. Its about 2 blocks away from Ground Zero.

Pleasant if functional, not too pricy. They've got a lovely bar downstairs that stays open till all hours, which was a nice way to round off our evenings each night of our stay. Just the job, I'd certainly go back.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
We stayed in The Avalon, East 32nd Street... decent, clean, central location and not overly expensive.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
The Manhattan at Times Square on 52nd Street and 7th Avenue is where I stayed in February. Location was perfect, 10 mins walk to Central Park heading North, 5 Mins walk South was Times Square and Madison Square Gardens a further 10 Mins south with Empire State and Rockerfella in between. I Paid $417 for 3 nights.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Each to their own about whereabouts in Manhattan you want to be. Personally I would avoid Times Square as it is so busy.

I used to live Midtown and when I go back now I usually stay at the DoubleTree Hilton on Lex. Walking distance to Subway, 5th, Central Park, MSG 20 mins.....

Also like the Bentley on 61st & York - bit further out though.

Loads and loads though - and I agree they are overpriced. Most are room only and absolutely everything is extra. One tip is to ask for a kettle in your room and go to a Duane Reade for tea and coffee...

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Try Air B n B. Can be a bit hit and miss but loads cheaper and more space than the usually small hotel rooms of New YOrk.
Otherwise Brooklyn now a good place to be based.

Bansko Seagull

Bansko Seagull
May 6, 2009
Worthing, West Sussex
The Manhattan at Times Square on 52nd Street and 7th Avenue is where I stayed in February. Location was perfect, 10 mins walk to Central Park heading North, 5 Mins walk South was Times Square and Madison Square Gardens a further 10 Mins south with Empire State and Rockerfella in between. I Paid $417 for 3 nights.

And very easy access to Ellen's Diner - a must visit!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We stayed in Queens and bought a weekly subway ticket for around £20, 5 stops from the centre

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Stayed last year on the upper east side. Really nice part of NYC. Can't remember the name of the hotel but remember thinking was expensive but this is a cool area, treated myself was I think around 550 dollars a night.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Funny I was told Queens is NYC equivalent of Croydon and best avoided at all times ! I am a scaredy cat though

MongoJerry

Mar 23, 2013
Yotel for me. Off Times Square and pretty reasonable for NY. Quite snazzy as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I stayed at Pod51 in mid town last year when I was over with work. As the name suggests the rooms are small but are really well designed so you don't really notice. Theres also a really good bar and Mexican restaurant downstairs which is worth a look

http://thepodhotel.com/pod-51/

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
My turn for NYC help. I go to NYC a lot but not a billy bigshyt thread. My family live in various parts of the US so that's why I go regularly.

BUT, usually I stay with my mate Shaun (who owns Foleys) but he's got a lad's house (a shythole). Or my sister's place but I'm on her latest list for 'not speaking to'.

So as I am taking my wife for her 2nd visit, I need hotel recommendations please. Didn't realise how bloody expensive they are there. Taking the piss just slightly. I know a few on here have been recently so any advice would be great.

Thanks, Mac.

Your 'not speaking to' list is getting longer and longer-can't imagine why!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here