Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NYC Hotels

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Usually stay near Times Square as very central and easy to get anywhere (and close to the office). I like the Hilton Times Square - not noisy as hotel rooms are from about 23rd floor up. The Iriquois is OK but limited facilities and small rooms. The Langham is expensive but the rooms are absolutely huge. The Hyatt Times Square decent value with again decent sized rooms. The Hilton on Av of the Americas is very large with a great gym. I don't like the Barclay (Intercontinental) much - very impersonal and some rooms need refreshing. NY prices are generally eye-watering so have a good look around and check them out on TripAdvisor, mist will have hundreds of reviews so you can get a reliable view.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
We did the Washington Square Hotel in Greenwich Village a few years back, Lovely Art Deco Hotel with loads of good food & drink venues all around.

Mrs J felt a bit unwell after our flight so left her snoozing and wandered off to a Craft Beer (Hello Herr T!) Bar to watch Sunday Night NFL.

I used to be a big NFL Fan and they were showing a NY Giants game so they were mightily impressed that this Limey knew who was Quarterbacking them and how most of their fans thought he was crap!

Got very friendly with my new buddies and staggered back (a lot later) using Beer Radar, maybe I was lucky but it felt safer than Central London, would certainly recommend Greenwich Village and the WSH.

Can't remember the result of course! :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We did the Washington Square Hotel in Greenwich Village a few years back, Lovely Art Deco Hotel with loads of good food & drink venues all around.

I've stayed there but many many years ago. It has a lot of music history associated with it as well; this was particularly interesting to me. Nice place in a great area. And not too far from the West Village. Man, I'm wanting to go back.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I've stayed there but many many years ago. It has a lot of music history associated with it as well; this was particularly interesting to me. Nice place in a great area. And not too far from the West Village. Man, I'm wanting to go back.

From memory Joan Baez, Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones (on their first US Tour) have all stayed there.

NB: Looking back at when we went the maligned Quarterback was Eli Manning in his debut season for the Giants. Seeing as he went onto win two Superbowls he obviously got better... :lolol:

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
We went last year and stayed in the Holiday Inn, in Lower Manhatten. Its about 2 blocks away from Ground Zero.

Pleasant if functional, not too pricy. They've got a lovely bar downstairs that stays open till all hours, which was a nice way to round off our evenings each night of our stay. Just the job, I'd certainly go back.

I stayed there. Tallest Holiday Inn in the world

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Your 'not speaking to' list is getting longer and longer-can't imagine why!

Read it again, donkey bollocks. I'm on HER not speaking to list. Why I love my siblings! I'm not talking to you now. Even as you're buying me booze in Wolverhampton tomorrow.

Thanks to all for your kind help on here.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Read it again, donkey bollocks. I'm on HER not speaking to list. Why I love my siblings! I'm not talking to you now. Even as you're buying me booze in Wolverhampton tomorrow.

Thanks to all for your kind help on here.

I read it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here